The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Official 100% Moon Image Thread.

Tesselator

Post your 100% crop images of the moon! Let's share and compare! Don't forget to name the lens used. If there's more than one version of the lens you used post a link to it or include a pic!. :) Here's mine taken about 5 hours ago.

The moon:

F/4.5, 1/125s, ISO100, 300mm, Camera: GH1, 100% Crop

F/8.0, 1/50s, ISO100, 300mm, Camera: GH1, 100% Crop

The Lens:

The Nikkor 50-300 F/4.5F (ser: 740101~765700), 1967~75, 20 elements in 13 groups, 2300 grams.
:)
Typically sells for about $200 to $300 on the auction sites in this condition AFAIK - more for a scratchless copy.

Tesselator

Thanks! Yup! It's definitely the heaviest lens I've ever had on the GH1. Maybe it's the heaviest lens I've ever owned? All unless we include telescopes and microscopes and such. I think Panasonic rates their mount at 2k so by their specs this lens is 300g over. I certainly wouldn't hang the lens from the camera - even for a second. :O