The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

My Panasonic 14mm/f2.5 arrived from Amazon this morning...

Audii-Dudii

I have it mounted on my E-P1 -- I was a little bit surprised by how much smaller than the 20mm/f1.7 it is -- but I haven't yet had a chance to use it. We shall see what we shall see...

Last edited:
C

carpandean

I believe that mine (also from Amazon) is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

The Panny 14mm usurped the Oly 17mm as the smallest micro-4/3 lens option. It's also wider and faster than the 17mm. There are rumors of an Oly 12mm in the works, but for now, this will provide the most pocketable option for the system. Can't wait!

biglouis

I really want to see some decent samples from this lens. The ones at Dpreview show blur and smearing at the edges but that could be camera shake.

LouisB

clay stewart

Congrats on the new lens, it looks pretty good on that Oly too. I should have mine today, unless the snow holds it up. It seems like I've been waiting for years for a small 28 mm to put on a small camera.:)

Audii-Dudii

Congrats on the new lens, it looks pretty good on that Oly too. I should have mine today, unless the snow holds it up. It seems like I've been waiting for years for a small 28 mm to put on a small camera.:)
I have fond memories of my Minolta TC-1 and Nikon 28Ti before that, and like you, have been waiting many years for a digital camera that can take their place. Alas, it appears I won't have a chance to put it through its paces until this weekend... :-(

C

carpandean

Got mine, too. Haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet (sorry).

It is significantly smaller than the 20mm f/1.7, especially as it would sit in your camera bag. That is because they also reduced the size of the mount and lens caps. According to the tech specs, the 14mm without caps is 5mm shorter than the 20mm to begin with. However, since the 20mm with the 14mm's caps is smaller than the 14mm with the 20mm's caps, I'd say that the 14mm with its own caps is about 11mm shorter than the 20mm with its own caps. Additionally, the 14mm is 8.5mm smaller in diameter. So, sitting in the bag, it is tiny by comparison. I could see walking with the 20mm on the camera and the 14mm in a pocket for wide shots.

Roel

Here are a few shots with the 14mm f/2.5 (on my GF1) that I took on my last trip to Antarctica. I love this little lens...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
More pics with it, and post decent sized ones ones please -- and at all apertures!!!

(Curious minds NEED to know!)

:D