The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Panasonic Lumix G 14mm f/2.5 (Image Thread)

Leica 77

Hi Attorney Ron,
Great images of winter scenes! The Lumix G 14mm lens appears to be an excellent performer. Best, :)

RonSmith

Thanks Leica! For all the lukewarm reviews, I'm pretty impressed with the 14.

I think it makes a very worthy addition to my m4/3 kit.

agoglanian

Yeah honestly I'm really digging this lens. I'm very glad to have it and I find it's performance to be more than acceptable, it even borders on awesome from time to time ;)

ggibson

I'm curious--for those who own this lens with the 20mm, do you find yourself liking having both or could you live with one only? I already have the 20mm and Olympus 9-18mm which I can't see myself giving up. Do you think there's a place between those two for the 14mm, or would it just end up living in my bag?

Thanks in advance for your opinions...

bennettk

I just got the 14mm a couple of weeks ago, as my second lens with the 20mm. I debated for a long time whether to order the 14, since it's not all that wide and I really love the 20.

Spent a couple of days shooting with both this weekend, and working with the 14 was a very nice experience. Images shot with the 14 just look great -- good color, nice and sharp, wide enough to get a lot of information in the frame without being so wide as to show a lot of wide-angle distortion. It's different enough from the 20 that I'm glad to have both in my bag.

wjlapier

Just got this lens today.. Tiny! And, not sure other's noticed, it can be used in AFC mode. 20/1.7 can't. Around the house I can see this is a sharp little lens. A keeper!

Elliot

I'm interested in what people have done with this inexpensive and lightweight lens, and so am posting to revive the thread. There were not too many comments previously, and I expect with all the flashy equipment delivered over the last two years, it got lost among the more glamorous ones. This picture was taken in a very dark room and I had to bring up the shadows almost 100% in Lightroom 4, and it came out pretty well.

Olympus EM-5
f2.5
1/20 second
ISO 1600