The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus E-PL2??

J

jakieff

got one today.
No shots yet. Maybe some more during the weekend.
Nice small body about the same size then the Nikon P7000.
New display seems to be very good.

Jacques

Kamoulox

Hello Jacques,

I'm interesting to buy an E-PL2 can you tell us more about it and show us a few samples ?

Thanks

J

jakieff

Hello

Finally, I took my first shots during the weekend.
The first impression is rather positive. Nice small, well built camera, with a decent kit lens. The autofocus seems to be rather fast, but I'm not 100% sure about accuracy, as 2 or 3 shots out of 47 weren't sharp. I have to play more with it to find this out. A first small video test was bad and I have really doubts about the performance of IS1. But as said before, a lot more tests are needed. Somewhat annoying is the nonexistence of an orientation sensor.

The kit lens, with its plastic mount performed well, with pleasant sharpness from corner to corner.

Here are some of the first pics with the kit lens

Jacques

J

jakieff

Here are some pics of the same subject, taken with the new Lumix 14 mm.
This lens on the E-Pl2 gives you a really small package, easy to carry with you, which I lke a lot. Cfr also my pics from Brussels with the GF1 in the 14mm thread.

But on one shot, at the right in the corner there is a lot of CA, which was not corrected in the camera itself. BTW I did the resizing in LR3 on base of the jpegs, because the raw files of the Oly aren't yet supported.

Jacques