The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Price drop for Panasonic 7-14 f/4 & 45 f/2.8 macro

wyip

Looks like the prices went back up at B&H, but Amazon.com still has them listed at the lower prices. Kind of strange the pricing would vary that much.

That is strange, I don't recall ever seeing that sort of thing happening at B&H and I have been buying my stuff from them for over ten years. :wtf:

Paul

Terry

There is a rumor out today that both of these lenses are being redesigned. So, the price drop makes some sense.

wyip

Yeah, I just saw that rumor. It's weird that the rumor is the 7-14mm is going to be redesigned with OIS. The only sense I could make of it is if Panasonic wants to retool the lens as an 'HD' version for video. 7-14mm HD w/ OIS sounds like it'll be expensive, but hopefully that means the original Panny 7-14mm will keep getting cheaper.

Looks like the price went back up at Amazon. Hopefully they drop the price again when I actually have money to spend.