The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon TV-16 25mm F0.78 C-mount lens

B

borissimo86

After months of trying, I finally modified this lens for my E-P1. Cannot focus to infinity, but it's good for portraits :]

Out of camera, photos are soft but have a very inviting "glow". A little sharpening rescues them from being too muddy. The colors are delicious, the best I've ever gotten from any lens on my E-P1. The bokeh is nice and lively, and star-shaped when stopped down.

Overall, a fun lens, but I still want to buy the Nokton :]

J

jwestra

Nice work!
What is the maximum focussing distance you reached with your modification? Can you post a picture with the lens mounted to your camera?

B

borissimo86

Here's a picture of the lens mod:

This lens, like the Fujinon 25/0.85, has a super long rear objective which makes it impossible to take any pictures other than macro. I had to do some surgery with my hacksaw to remove the 4cm rear objective and replace it with a smaller one. I tried a couple of different ones, and ended up with the one from my Avenir 25/0.95 (no regrets here, as it wasn't a great lens. the Senko 25/0.95 is sharper than Avenir). I superglued a m4/3 mount directly to the lens).

The focus only reaches 2 meters at the moment because the back still hits the shutter box, just like before. I'm still experimenting, so maybe I'll find a solution to this problem...

Pat Donnelly

Well done!
I admire your skills and nerve.
Having two superfast lenses and the ability to mess with them indicates some control!

The problem would have defeated me for sure.

Thanks for showing us that it can be done. Now I just have to catch my hare!