Site Sponsors

Thread: GF-1 w/7-14, and 45 macro in Ethiopia

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

GF-1 w/7-14, and 45 macro in Ethiopia

First of all, I would like to say how pleased I was that my Gf-1 is still working fine after about three drops on the pavement. The leather case seemed to have helped but it sure can take a beating. Not even a moment of pause. Just picked it up and started firing away.

I took the GF-1 w/7-14 and 45 macro for the wide and longer end, and used my M8 w/24 elmarit and 35 cron for more normal kind of shooting. I still have hundreds of photos to look over but here are a few samples. More to come.

7-14mm

45 macro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GF-1 w/7-14, and 45 macro in Ethiopia

Mark

Amazing photographs. A truly great experience to view them. Once again, it is worth remembering that the photographer makes a great picture and the camera is only a tool. Well done.

LouisB

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by biglouis View Post

Mark

Amazing photographs. A truly great experience to view them. Once again, it is worth remembering that the photographer makes a great picture and the camera is only a tool. Well done.

LouisB
    I agree with Louis 100%! BTW, many moons ago, I visited Ethiopia several times and I found the countryside especially very beautiful. In one of the villages away from Addis, I was invited by its village chief for a cup of coffee. He served the coffee with salt instead of sugar. Considering the high temperature (110 - 120 degrees F in the shade), the coffee - salt combination made a lot of sense at that time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thank you both for your kind words. Ethiopia is a very photogenic country.

Biglouis--I totally agree with you about the camera being a tool. I was just very surprised that the GF-1 took such a beating and didn't even flinch. I took the GF-1 with lenses instead of a second M8 body to really see what it is capable of and I was pleasantly surprised with the result. Though the tiny EVF does get tiring after a while.

Leica77--speaking of coffee, I still dearly miss the Machiattos I had there, especially Kaffa Coffee House.

Here are a few more I managed to pick out from my pile: