Site Sponsors

Thread: Surfer Girl!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Surfer Girl!

Some shots taken with the FD 300mm f/2.8L (on the GH1 camera)

I think surfing is what this lens was made for. Seriously, the designer must have been a surfer and wanted the ultimate lens to fit the ultimate sport! These are all wide open and I thought the lens was so good and so colorful that I shot small low quality JPegs on my GH1 - something I usually never do cuz it sucks.

All shot at F/2.8, ISO 100, and are 80~90% crops, Some sharpening but no other processing. Fluorite ROCKS!!!

And here's a little comp... The real reason guys surf and of course why you clicked... :

!-Enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Surfer Girl!

Very nice pics. I wish I would have had that lens a week ago at the North Shore in Oahu, great waves but the guys were really far out there, much too far for the 14-140 I had in my bag. The colors are really nice.

Stefan

P.S. Surfers out here usually wear considerably less clothing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Surfer Girl!

Hehe,

Thanks Stefan!

Yeah these guys were out there. They just looked like little black blobs. I couldn't see face color nor what kind of boards they were riding. After I calibrate the 300/2.8L for infinity (it has it's own manual dynamic calibration) the guide numbers said I was shooting at about 60-70 meters. I guess that's close to correct. I was very impressed with the lens. One guy was wearing a white wrist-watch and I could tell what time it was looking through the lens...