The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Why not sharp on pbase?

C

cokids

When i look at this image,
from original file, it looks perfectly sharp, when viewed from pbase, the house looks soft. Why?

Beth

kweide

Assumption: You transfered it as a large file and it was shrunk to fit pbase reglementations for size. Normally such compression comes along with a loss of sharpness.
It is even better to shrink the file to the needed size by your own with your preferred tool and do you own resharpening. This will safe the pictures clarity, sharpness and brilliance.

C

cokids

I usually reduce the size to 800 mp on longest side and save at 72 dpi. I don't normally sharpen at all. Maybe I should?

Beth

bensonga

Could you load the same image file to a GetDPI gallery so we can compare it with the pbase image? That might eliminate any differences between the hosting service.

Gary