The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the M. Zuiko 75-300mm

A

Allan Ostling

I'm hoping I won't remain the only person on the forums posting a few photos from this very nice (but rather expensive) lens. Here is a shot I took today, a slight crop at 300mm and ISO 400.

I'm not sure if the gallery shows it to advantage. It is a 242 KB jpeg, but when I uploaded it the size was stated to be 57 KB.

A

Allan Ostling

I am still the only photographer on the Forum who has this lens. It completes my Olympus kit, which stretches from the 9-18mm at the wide end to this wonderful telephoto at the long end.

Here is frame shot at 187mm, on the Hopi Reservation, north of Leupp. Those are not alluvial fans, obviously, but sand which has been blown into the cliff face, something I have not seen elsewhere.

A

Allan Ostling

at 300mm, using a chest pod.

I photographed this Ring-necked Duck with the lens at 300mm, f6.7, the camera on a short brace I made from a one-foot length of PVC pipe with a 1/4" thread protruding from an end cap.

A

Allan Ostling

This was shot at 85mm (170mm equiv) at the closest the lens would focus, aiming through the window blinds at the outside hummingbird feeder. It is an Anna's, in Santa Rosa, California. This is a 25% crop of the frame.

A

Allan Ostling

Verdin at the feeder

This verdin has become a regular visitor to my hummingbird feeder. It cannot get its beak into the tiny feeding holes, but it finds drops which have been spilt by larger birds alighting on the rim.

Taken through window, zoom at 150mm focused at about 1 meter and cropped 50%.