The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

For the Marco-holics: The ratios and Pollen

N

nzmacro

Having a decent chat in the other thread which has been fun and rewarding with the info.

DOF of course, always a tough one.

So working on the ideas to see if I can get the high ratios I got with the Sony CD-1000, Panasonic FZ10 and the Canon SX IS. Had to know if the 4/3 and G2 would carry on along the same lines.

In short, it certainly can and I must say, with much better results. I've mixed it up with trying Iso 100 -Iso 400. I'll keep away from 400 and restrict the G2 to Iso 200 max. So it's all about learning whats possible and whats not. This is where you guys have been so helpful.

All full frames with various lenses and settings and of course, what DOF.

Closing in on the Lilly:

Added Raynox to the 100 - 200mm

--------------------------------------

Raynox again on the 100 -200mm

--------------------------------------

DOF is always a problem with higher ratios and 55mm Pentax is added to the zoom lens

---------------------------------------

So now we are starting to get into the higher ratios. On with a 55mm Pentax F/1.8 reversed in front of the 100 - 200mm lens.

----------------------------------------

And fully maxed out............so far ;) Here set up as above but with the G2 set on the EZ mode

-----------------------------------------

Still new to 4/3, but it is one heck of a system with excellent macro possibilities. Plenty of work to go yet.

All the best.

Danny.

N

nzmacro

The second to last shot there would be around a 8:1 in 35mm slr equivalent terms. Close to it anyway. The last shot was with the EZ optical feature turned on. so would be around a 12:1.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong with the figures. I'm getting old and confused with the 4/3 :)

A reversed 50mm is a +20 dioptre while the Raynox is a +8.

All the best and thanks folks.

Danny

Last edited: