The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some company should offer to make bags to spec

RichA

So a shooter could literally design their own camera bag and have it fabricated. I'd wager no one has found a bag that exactly meets their requirements. This would be relatively easy with a canvas or leather material, but the complex, multi-layered synthetic units would require professional work.

f6cvalkyrie

Hi, Rich,

you can certainly find craftsmen able to make bags to specs out of leather or skin. Crocodile, leopard, tiger, you name it, they'll make it ;)

However, if we will find customers able cq willing to pay for them is a completely different story !

C U
Rafael

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
In this part of the world, it's certainly possible, and the price probably wouldn't be too bad either. I have considered it. Still, I would need 2-3 different version for different purposes. Convincing the (probably small-scale) manufacturer to use good enough quality zips etc. and the quality control would always be a challenge, but I'm sure it can be done.

Maybe I should have a new, deeper look into it :)