The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Micro 4/3 lenses and filters

pollobarca

I know that a UV filter cuts UV and a polariser removes glare. To be honest I had used the polariser only for photos of lakes or to remove reflections on leaves in macro. First time in the mountains and it made the pictures brighter and clearer.
I have two CPL filters, a normal Hoya and a Hoya moose. Apparently the moose gives a warmer picture. I bought it for use with my GX100 as the normal CPL gives very strange results on the GX100.I got a load of unuseable pix on the Canals in Brugges using the normal CPL on the gx100. I havent been able to make worthwhile adjustments in rawtherapee . Alls well except the varnished wood on the boats comes out red, not light brown. I had hoped the CpL would take a lot of the glare out (which it does) but i didnt expect such a colour change. Hopefully the moose filter will do it better.
On my PEN the Hoya CPL is working fine, used it the other day to photograph vehicles in bright sunlight for work. Detail is good and the glare controlled. Colours are right as well.

b rgds

paul