The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E-P1 replacement battery recommendation (BLS-1)

rparmar

Given that the Olympus standard BLS-1 battery is only 1150 mAh and there are after-market batteries of up to 2000 mAh, one might hope that some of these would improve the shot capacity of the camera. But there's a lot more to battery life than that number.

So, has anyone had success with another battery manufacturer? (Strangely I found little with a search. I would have thought this to be a FAQ.)

rparmar

Thanks Owen. I had not come across that one, though I know Ansmann are considered good. Only 1000mAh but that doesn't mean everything. My research in the meantime has revealed a couple of strong recommendations from other sources.

The Hähnel HL-S1 is also 1000mAh and costs £20. Respected manufacturer but again low power rating.

The Maximal Power 1800mAh is only $10 on Amazon and has great ratings. Maybe I will try to source that in Europe.