Site Sponsors

Thread: E-P1 replacement battery recommendation (BLS-1)

Post Thanks / Like

E-P1 replacement battery recommendation (BLS-1)

Given that the Olympus standard BLS-1 battery is only 1150 mAh and there are after-market batteries of up to 2000 mAh, one might hope that some of these would improve the shot capacity of the camera. But there's a lot more to battery life than that number.

So, has anyone had success with another battery manufacturer? (Strangely I found little with a search. I would have thought this to be a FAQ.)
    Listen to my new album "The Drones" free on BandCamp. Visit my Flickr images, website, or blog. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: E-P1 replacement battery recommendation (BLS-1)

Hi,
    Here's the battery that I recommend, for the E-P1: http://cgi.ebay.com/BLS-1-Camera-Bat...item3f0617e294

It exceeded the performance of the OEM battery, for me.

Owen

Post Thanks / Like

Re: E-P1 replacement battery recommendation (BLS-1)

Thanks Owen. I had not come across that one, though I know Ansmann are considered good. Only 1000mAh but that doesn't mean everything. My research in the meantime has revealed a couple of strong recommendations from other sources.

The Hähnel HL-S1 is also 1000mAh and costs £20. Respected manufacturer but again low power rating.

The Maximal Power 1800mAh is only $10 on Amazon and has great ratings. Maybe I will try to source that in Europe.
    Listen to my new album "The Drones" free on BandCamp. Visit my Flickr images, website, or blog. Cheers!