The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How do I bypass the clock setting on the G2

My G2 arrived not too long ago. I charged up the battery and powered the camera on. However, I cannot get past the damn clock setting thing when I press the MENU/SET button. I have no interest or use in that. And I don't want dates etc appearing on my photos. According to the instruction manual, it seems like selecting the Cancel icon (which resembles a garbage can) cancels the clock setting mode. Ive been trying to navigate down to that icon using the arrow keys but I can only move along the first two rows. The Cancel icon is in the third row. Any suggestions?

Damn. While pressing the keys, I accidentally pressed the MENU/SET button. Now it says that the clock has been set. Is there a way to avoid this data appearing on the images? The instructional manual wasn't clear about this.