The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic G3

DHart

Looks Good.... Enjoy, I have had mine (BK) for a few weeks now. the other day, I used the LCD the whole day... 10m of Video and 202 stills... loved the touch/AF/Shoot option.. very fast...
You'll need to post photo's now. ;)
Thanks M5... yes, I tried the touch shoot and it was quick and right on! It's going to take a while to get into the groove of controlling the camera like second nature. But I have no doubt that will come about in time.

This is a really cool little camera.... it doesn't have the "rock of gibraltar" solid steel feel that the GF1 has, but in the effort of reducing size and weight, this is to be expected. Not made in Japan anymore, either, but neither is the GH2. That isn't a slam, though, because I would think that many of the components are still made in Japan and that it all comes together in China... and as long as Panasonic's specifications are the usual high standard and are adhered to, I'm sure the build quality from China is as good as ever.

I think I'm going to really enjoy the G3.

DHart

Terry... it is the coolest color I've seen on a camera - to my taste anyway. Black has become so boring, silver is gorgeous but can present reflectivity issues when photographing shiny dark objects, red is beautiful, but calls so much attention to the camera when you might want to blend in, blue is ok, but not inspiring to me... brown, for me, is just right!

Pelao

If I had been asked just weeks ago if I thought a modern camera could look good in brown I would have expressed strong doubts. But since first seeing photos of the chocolate G3 I have appreciated it's cool looks. Probably not for me, but it sure looks striking.

That's a pretty end too.

Happy with your new baby?

DHart

Pelao... just starting to get to know the camera a little. It will take a fair bit more time until I'm feeling really "at one" with it, but so far, I like it! No regrets buying it.