The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Second (third?) batteries for G3

greypilgrim

My G3 arrives (finally!) next week.

What are you all using for backup batteries? If any?

Are the batteries exactly the same as used in the GF2?

The Panasonic site is woefully unhelpful in this regard...

I see a couple of 3rd party options lurking out there for the G3. Has anyone tried these? (I have not with my other Panny cameras)

Thanks,
Doug

stephengilbert

Wasabi? Terry, do you know whether these batteries will show up on the camera's charge indicator?

I see that B&H sells an aftermarket Panny battery that doesn't.

Terry

Yeah it allows photography to utilize more of our senses than with traditional batteries.

Stephen there are several threads at DPReview on this and it seems a bunch are working. I have the two battery set (non wasabi). They are charged but I haven't used them yet. I need to run to Fedex but will test when I get home.

greypilgrim

Thanks, I went for the 2 battery and charger version. Supposed to arrive the 17th which is before we head out for the Olympic Peninsula.

Doug