The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

3D photos with Lumix G3 + Tamron 60mm/2 macro

ggibson

Pretty cool. Can you describe the process you used to create these? They don't seem to "pop" quite as much as the Fuji W3 photos you posted in the other forum, but maybe that's just the difference in focal lengths.

hot

Make a picture, move camera some millimeters to right (freehand or rail), make a second picture.
Now use (free) StereoPhotoMaker, auto-adjust both pictures, store them as MPO, ready.

A

Allan Ostling

Your examples are all of the "cardboard cutout" variety. Each stereo image consists of a foreground object, and an out-of-focus background with no objects at intermediate distances. A good stereo photo will have nothing out-of-focus, and will include a continuous transition of near to far objects.

I'm glad to learn about StereoPhotoMaker. As an old practitioner of film stereo photography, I think it is time for me to get back into it, using my digital cameras.

hot

Hmmm, these are "your rules" ... perhaps law in Phoenix, but not rest of world :)

3D pictures with LG P920 smartphone

kds315

(Allan hat schon Recht und übrigens ist dieser Ton wirklich nicht nötig. Es gibt publizierte Standards für Stereo Aufnahmen; viele intelligente Menschen haben sich schon viele Jahre Gedanken darüber gemacht, lange vor digital)

Quite nice 3D images, also the stereo window in some is not correctly aligned. Cntl-A helps a lot, but press "K" to manually correct it if needed.