The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Panasonic Leica 25mm f/1.4 Micro 4/3 now in stock - Canada!

Winkel

For those in Canada the Panny m4/3 25/1.4 is now in stock at Vistek (as of yesterday). I just placed my order and should receive the lens in a few days!

Sadly, I sold my 20/1.7 lens about a month ago to finance this purchase - I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Jim

Last edited:

Pelao

For those in Canada the Panny m4/3 25/1.4 is now in stock at Vistek (as of yesterday). I just placed my order and should receive the lens in a few days!

Sadly, I sold my 20/1.7 lens about a month ago to finance this purchase - I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Jim
That's good news. I look forward to your impressions. I would not sell my 20, even if I get the 25. For overall performance and the size/discretion factor the 20 is hard to beat.

I am holding off because I want a 45 AF prime, and want to see how the new Olympus performs.

Winkel

It certainly wasn't an easy decision. The 20/1.7 is such a great lens but the 25/1.4, with faster AF and less perspective distortion, will likely be better for my needs.

I've been asked to shoot a friend's wedding reception (candids) in 1.5 weeks so I'll give it a good workout and report back.

Also, since it's now shipping in Canada the US shouldn't be far behind.

And, like you, I find the Oly 45/1.8 very tempting!

Pelao

It certainly wasn't an easy decision. The 20/1.7 is such a great lens but the 25/1.4, with faster AF and less perspective distortion, will likely be better for my needs.

I've been asked to shoot a friend's wedding reception (candids) in 1.5 weeks so I'll give it a good workout and report back.

Also, since it's now shipping in Canada the US shouldn't be far behind.

And, like you, I find the Oly 45/1.8 very tempting!
regarding the Oly 45: I saw on Vistek's site that it is priced at C$399 - the same as the US price. I found that unusual - nice, but unusual. The Panasonic G3, for example, is cheaper if ordered from B&H, even allowing for shipping, customs etc.

henningw

regarding the Oly 45: I saw on Vistek's site that it is priced at C$399 - the same as the US price. I found that unusual - nice, but unusual. The Panasonic G3, for example, is cheaper if ordered from B&H, even allowing for shipping, customs etc.
The Oly 12 that I bought about a 3 weeks ago here in Vancouver was also the same as B&H's price. Actually, it was about 5% more than B&H because the CanuckBuck was 5% higher at the time. But at least the number was the same.

Henning