The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

User opinions of the GF3

J

jedperkins

I have convinced myself that I am going to get the GF3X with the new pancake zoom and the 45-175mm zoom as my all-in-one , light weight kit. I know that the GF3 has its faults, but it won't be a replacement for my EP-3 and VF-2 when I want to do serious photography, use my legacy lenses, etc. I think that part of it is just that I really want these new lenses, and I think that to take full advantage of them you need a Panny body.

Probably my biggest concern is the under powered flash, because as far as I can tell there is no ability to adjust the flash EV. I like to use fill flash from time to time and I find that the EP-3 is only adequate as a fill in daylight beyond 4-5 feet if I pump up the flash EV to great than +1.0. I have decided that I will just live with that but with the GF3, but I would love to hear from some real-world users about what they like or don't like about the camera.

FYI, I am going to make this same post on a few of the other MFT forums as there don't seem to be too many GF3 users posting anything anywhere, so don't be surprised to see this in more than one place.

RichA

It probably has some minor image improvements over the other GF's but the "dumbing down" and cost-cutting of that particular line is not my cup of tea. The GF1 was beautiful, worth every cent they asked for it.

W

Willabeast

I'm not going to be much use to you either, jedperkins. Nothing I've heard about the GF3 has made me covet it. The GF1 is lovely but if I had to replace it I would go to the G3 or the EP3. I can't see any reason to buy a camera just to use the lenses you mention. Both will work on the EP3 you already own. Sometimes I suppose the camera comes with the lenses and is almost free but if you are laying out good money for a camera I can't see going for the GF3.