The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EP3 leather kit makes a good looking camera even better

Millsart

Just added a leather kit to my silver EP3 and I think it took what already was a great looking camera up to another level of classic good looks.

One of the best $23 I've spent on a photo accessory purchase

Annna T

Just added a leather kit to my silver EP3 and I think it took what already was a great looking camera up to another level of classic good looks.

One of the best $23 I've spent on a photo accessory purchase
I agree with you, it looks really great. But I've always refrained to dress my cameras with something you have to glue on : how will the camera look in a few months or in two years ? after it has been in the cold, in somewhat humid environments or in sweating hands ? will the leather cover begun to peel off ? and then will the shiny body under it still be intact ?

So, yes, it is a very nice and good looking camera right now, it is among the prettiest I have seen, but how will it be after many uses ?

Millsart

Well given I can order another skin for $19 shipped, if at some point it does start to peel off or otherwise wear too much, then just pull it off and put a fresh one one, perhaps a different color of leather even next time and its as good as new again.

Realistically I doubt I'll really be shooting it in 2 years as well. Hopefully by then Oly/Panny will have come out with a new RF styled body with built in EVF and a much updated sensor

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Realistically I doubt I'll really be shooting it in 2 years as well. Hopefully by then Oly/Panny will have come out with a new RF styled body with built in EVF and a much updated sensor
+1

Plus I really like that look!

kweide

I asked my wife for permission to cut a leather strap from her Gucci handbag. Need it to build my own wrist strap. Boy, what a bad evening i had :)

W

Willabeast

I asked my wife for permission to cut a leather strap from her Gucci handbag. Need it to build my own wrist strap. Boy, what a bad evening i had :)

Gucci...what's the point of a bag if it won't hold a camera! ;-) :D (Yes, I'm a girl...