The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Leica Summilux 25mm/1.4

If anyone around here has kept their 20mm I'd love to see some comparison shots using that and the 25mm.

The 20mm is still getting good prices on eBay for sellers so it is not a big investment to change. But is it worth the extra weight and size after one has become used to a pancake?

EDIT. I push the limits flarewise with the 20mm. Does anyone find the 25mm more tolerant?

Tony

Last edited:

biglouis

If anyone around here has kept their 20mm I'd love to see some comparison shots using that and the 25mm.

The 20mm is still getting good prices on eBay for sellers so it is not a big investment to change. But is it worth the extra weight and size after one has become used to a pancake?

EDIT. I push the limits flarewise with the 20mm. Does anyone find the 25mm more tolerant?

Tony
Tony

It is difficult to justify owning both the 20/1.7 and the 25/1.4 but I did it! The 20 has several advantages over the 25 - it is cheaper and it is smaller. However, performance wise you'd be hard pressed to choose between them. That is why I can't bring myself to part with the 20/1.7.

LouisB

RonSmith

Thanks Don!

The boys and I were having cigars out on the deck while our new Shrink to Fit Levi's 501 jeans were drying on us.

ReeRay

My feelings exactly. It doesn't really look to me like it's worth that much more than the 20, especially without OIS built-in.
I read somewhere that the 20mm is actually closer to 18.5mm thus equating to 37mm in FF. Certainly owning both lenses I see a considerable difference in FL over and above the 5mm (or 10mm whichever) that one would expect. This of course then gives a very different perspective. I figure in FF terms I own a 35mm and 50mm lens. and I love them both.

Two very different lenses with both shining in their field.