The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

one step closer to buying into ultra wide on 4/3

Texsport

Legacy OM users know that wide angle OMZ lenses shot wide open om 43 or m43 sufferes from ghosting and generally unsatisfactory results.

These lenses must be stopped down for satisfactory images.

Texsport

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Legacy OM users know that wide angle OMZ lenses shot wide open om 43 or m43 sufferes from ghosting and generally unsatisfactory results.

These lenses must be stopped down for satisfactory images.

Texsport
That doesn't always seem to be the case. While I'm not very happy with the results I get with the 21/3.5 on 4/3 and m4/3, I've used the 28/2.8 extensively on the GH1, getting results fully on par with native 4/3 or m4/3 lenses.

greypilgrim

If I had the $$$ again, I would buy the Oly 12mm wide instead of the 7-14 simply because I love shooting with primes.

That said, the Panny 7-14 has been a stellar performer for me, so no complaints there, and at the 7 end, it is just ridiculously wide.

Doug

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
If I had the $$$ again, I would buy the Oly 12mm wide instead of the 7-14 simply because I love shooting with primes.

That said, the Panny 7-14 has been a stellar performer for me, so no complaints there, and at the 7 end, it is just ridiculously wide.

Doug
Did I hear "... instead of"? I believe that in getdpi language, "... in addition to" is the correct term :ROTFL:

greypilgrim

Did I hear "... instead of"? I believe that in getdpi language, "... in addition to" is the correct term :ROTFL:
:ROTFL:

Heh,
It will happen some time, you can bet that it will...

My resistance is hanging on by a very slim margin (of course, there is a requirement of actually having the cash on hand, but details, details)

Doug