The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Question: does anyone has tear down photos of m4/3 lens (electronic type)?

pentacon6

It seems quite strange to ask but hope someone used to take a risk of such kind of action. I always wonder who had ever tried to tear down an AF m4/3 lens to explore how it built? You may think I should have this kind of lens however, I used to buy a m4/3 body (Panasonic G1) and playing with legacy lenses only. I have no way to autonomy an AF lens.

Why I ask this because I have a crazy idea of modifying a Panasonic Leica DG 25mm F1.4 lens to make it able to open aperture and focus manually and then used it on my Sony NEX. Sound crazy right? However, it is quite worthwhile to try since the lens is a little bit shorter, lighter and have about 1/3 stop faster than the expensive Zeiss 24mm F1.8 ZA. The weakness of this lens might be the closest distance is not as short as the Zeiss (0.3m vs 0.16m) and the image circle of m4/3 should be smaller to Sony NEX's APS-C. However, from the tradition of Leica, it can always cover the sensor much larger than the actual need. Does anyone has such a crazy thought like me? Please feel free to share, thanks a lot!

It seems quite strange to ask but hope someone used to take a risk of such kind of action. I always wonder who had ever tried to tear down an AF m4/3 lens to explore how it built? You may think I should have this kind of lens however, I used to buy a m4/3 body (Panasonic G1) and playing with legacy lenses only. I have no way to autonomy an AF lens.

Why I ask this because I have a crazy idea of modifying a Panasonic Leica DG 25mm F1.4 lens to make it able to open aperture and focus manually and then used it on my Sony NEX. Sound crazy right? However, it is quite worthwhile to try since the lens is a little bit shorter, lighter and have about 1/3 stop faster than the expensive Zeiss 24mm F1.8 ZA. The weakness of this lens might be the closest distance is not as short as the Zeiss (0.3m vs 0.16m) and the image circle of m4/3 should be smaller to Sony NEX's APS-C. However, from the tradition of Leica, it can always cover the sensor much larger than the actual need. Does anyone has such a crazy thought like me? Please feel free to share, thanks a lot!
get yourself CV25/0.95... mf and manual aperture

pellicle

Why I ask this because I have a crazy idea of modifying a Panasonic Leica DG 25mm F1.4 lens to make it able to open aperture and focus manually and then used it on my Sony NEX. Sound crazy right?
your right, its much easier to just grab a good cheap manual focus 24mm lens from the world of 35mm cameras and use that with an adaptor

Canon FD24mm f2.8 lenses are about US$70 over at KEH for instance