The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best RRS Plate for Panasonic G3

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Picked up a G3 for lightweight travel use but I didn't find a dedicated RRS plate listed. What's the best RRS or Arca alternative or recommendation?

Thanks!

GrahamWelland

Steve,

I'm using one of these at the moment but it's just a little too slim for my liking and so doesn't provide enough girth for a good hold on the tripod head (I swapped it out on my Alpa too). I was wondering if the G1 plate would work as it looks a little beefier. I'll give it a whirl I think.

GrahamWelland

Hmm. I actually have a spare one of those that I was using on my X100 before I got the RRS bracket. It would be a little long but I didn't try it to see if the the battery compartment would be blocked. Have you used it with the anti-twist bar on the front?