The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GH2 and 14-140 advice needed - Rattle / fan noise

ErikTande

I just picked up a used GH2 on ebay. It has a couple quirks that I'm concerned about.

The 14-140 kit lens that came with it makes a clicking noise or rattle when the camera is turned on and off. Is that normal? You can also hear it when you tilt the lens back and forth. I googled it, and apparently it could be the OIS. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, I can hear a fan or something (very faint, but there) in the GH2 when it's on. My GH1 is totally silent. Is that normal?

Thanks!

MRfanny

lens rattle is fine, its just the lens mechanisms unlocking and locking itself on startup, like a hdd head. thats my educated guess.

fan is your IOS switched on in most cases. i have come across a number of threads of the same topic. turn it off or stick a manual lens on to see if it goes away.