Site Sponsors

Thread: Is Amazon starting to ship GX1s?

Post Thanks / Like

Is Amazon starting to ship GX1s?

I ordered one within 30 minutes of their announcement earlier this year*, so I'm likely near the top of their waiting list. Earlier this week, however, I received an email from them informing me that shipping would be delayed until late January or early February, yet a few minutes ago, I just received an alert from my credit union informing me that Amazon had charged my credit-card, which usually means they are about to ship.

Has this happened to anybody else today (or this week) and/or are they really starting to ship them? I'm actually still a bit ambivalent about whether I really want to buy one or wait to see what Olympus releases soon, if anything...

* Not because I was staying up late in anticipation of the announcement, mind you, but because I was pulling an all-nighter at work and just happened to take a break to surf the 'net at exactly the right time.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Amazon starting to ship GX1s?

Which version did you order? I think the ones that are shipping now are either body-only or with the old 14-42mm lens. The kits with the 14-42mm X lens don't ship until January.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Amazon starting to ship GX1s?

Quote Originally Posted by ggibson View Post
    Which version did you order? I think the ones that are shipping now are either body-only or with the old 14-42mm lens. The kits with the 14-42mm X lens don't ship until January.
    I ordered a body only, as I already have far too many lenses for these cameras as it is!

It arrived this morning and although I haven't used it yet (other than to snap a photo in my office to insure that it actually works), there are several things about it I already prefer as compared to my GF1 but also several things for which I don't much care. I look forward to playing with it some over the next few days...