Site Sponsors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Voigtlander 17.5mm f0.95

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Voigtlander 17.5mm f0.95

Quote Originally Posted by RichA View Post
    Both Olympus 4/3rds 7-14mm and Panasonic's m4/3rd version are very good lenses, but at f11, it's a guarantee they would be suffering from a little diffraction-caused blurring because of the 4/3rds sensor size. As far as the ultra-fast 25mm lenses go, I've yet to find one that was really good, except for Schneider's 25mm f0.95 "TV" lens, made for CCTV work. The speed gain over f1.4 is marginal and probably not worth it, unless the shallowest DOF is an absolute must.
    Well your guarantee is going to have a rather hard time explaining the 24"x30" print hanging on my wall that is tack sharp corner to corner. The same shot at f8 had shallower depth of field and could not keep the entire image sharp due to the very close proximity of one part of the image.

See: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/371197-post321.html

Cliff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tesselator View Post
    I tested the Zeiss 45/2.8 and diffraction limitations didn't show up till f/16 and then it was VERY slight. It was noticeable at f/22 tho.

So I'm guessing that no lens will show DL at f/11 and that pretty much all lenses will follow the Tessar here: f/16 = an almost unnoticeable amount of DL but that's where it starts and increases from there.
    Nice demonstration that diffraction limits are indeed higher. Your conclusions are very similar to what I have seen in my own tests. It is always good to get real data on these things.

Cliff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, and you're welcome. It's fun too.