The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

G3 + cctv 50mm / 1.4

hot

G3 + cctv 50mm / 1.4

out of camera - no postprocessing

out of camera - no postprocessing

Tullio

I have the Fujinon 35mm f1.7 and like it a lot. The problem is, both the focus and aperture rings are a bit stiff and when I turn them counter-clock wise, the lens unscrews from the adapter, no matter how tight I screw it on. I don't believe there is a C mount adapter with a lock that prevents the lens from unscrewing when the rings turn. You'd think that somebody would come up with something...

Nice pictures BTW.

Tullio

Humm, never thought of doing that. I actually kill both by doing that. If in the future I decide to get a NEX or any other non-m4/3 camera format, I won't be able to use the lens. But, considering how cheap they are, it's not a big loss. I shall glue that lens to the adapter. Any suggestion as to what kind of glue to use?

ekoe

I have the Fujinon 35mm f1.7 and like it a lot. The problem is, both the focus and aperture rings are a bit stiff
I love that lens. I service and modify the Fujinon-TV lenses, and I can fix your stiff focus on your 35mm/1.7 and modify it so you can focus to infinity.

I never like to see a lens glued to an adapter, and even after you glue it
the focus will still be stiff. The best solution is to clean and relube the helical, and it will be so smooth you will smile.

Check out my website ekoe camera for some sample pics from my
Fujinon-TV 35mm/1.7 m4/3 modification.

Tullio

I love that lens. I service and modify the Fujinon-TV lenses, and I can fix your stiff focus on your 35mm/1.7 and modify it so you can focus to infinity.

OK, how much will it cost me and where do I send the lens to? I don't like the idea of gluing the lens to the adapter either but as is, it's not good. It would be awesome to have the focus/aperture rings turn smoothly!