The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GX-1 setting question

dmabry2010

Hello!

While I have been trying out this new camera for a couple weeks, I am getting a color issue I was not getting before.

Attached are two photographs, one using iA+ and the other without and set at Aperture priority. Notice the blueish hue in the photograph w/o iA+. I don't remember seeing that before.

I am sure it is me messing with the settings that is now causing this color issue, but after tinkering with the settings, I can't figure it out.

Would anyone have a suggestion I can try?

Thank you,

dmabry2010

Diane B

Check your white balance settings. On the GF1 it is the right button of the 4 way--not sure of the GX1.

dmabry2010

Thank you for the suggestion.

The right button does pull up WB when set to C1, C2, M, etc.. But, when set to S or A, and I usually shoot A(perture), that right button does not pull up WB, but pulls AF focus area. Strange there.

I can fix the WB in post processing, but it is real unsettling seeing the photographs in the preview so "blue".

What is nagging me is the camera wasn't doing this before. Is there something like a "set to original factory settings" button?

Thank you again,

Michael
dmabry2010

dmabry2010

Thank you for the suggestion.

The right button does pull up WB when set to C1, C2, M, etc.. But, when set to S or A, and I usually shoot A(perture), that right button does not pull up WB, but pulls AF focus area. Strange there.

I can fix the WB in post processing, but it is real unsettling seeing the photographs in the preview so "blue".

What is nagging me is the camera wasn't doing this before. Is there something like a "set to original factory settings" button?

Thank you again,

Michael
dmabry2010

Diane B

Yes, that should work and for a reset check your manual but reset in record menu should take you back to factory settings.

dmabry2010

Your recommendations worked! :salute:

Frustrating that these cameras are getting smarter than me! :)

Thank you.

Michael
dmabry2010