Site Sponsors

Thread: Difficulty Mounting 14-140 Lens on GH2

Post Thanks / Like

Difficulty Mounting 14-140 Lens on GH2

I took my 140-140 lens off my GH2 last night to use a different lens, and when I tried to put it back on it is extremely difficult to get back on. It fits in the bayonet fine, it is just difficult to turn to lock or to remove.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Everything looks fine with the mount and lens, it is just very tight.

Thanks

Ante_CRO

Re: Difficulty Mounting 14-140 Lens on GH2

Quote Originally Posted by GDI View Post
    I took my 140-140 lens off my GH2 last night to use a different lens, and when I tried to put it back on it is extremely difficult to get back on. It fits in the bayonet fine, it is just difficult to turn to lock or to remove.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Everything looks fine with the mount and lens, it is just very tight.

Thanks
    Hi, GDI!
    I am owner of one 14-140 and i don't have a problem mounting it on my GH2. Maybe you have some bad copy of lens, maybe it's a factory mistake, check it at your dealer. Cheers!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Here 14-140 and G3: smooth as slick.

Your other lens goes well then ?

Kind regards.
    Bart ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GDI View Post

Thanks
    Check with another lens, make sure it isn't the bayonet on the camera. Then check the 14-140 bayonet leaves with a magnifying glass. They are 1/2 as thick as older camera lenses (from the "good old days") and can be bent if there is any force or impact on them. The bend may only be slightly perceptible to the eye to produce a noticeable change in the effort needed to get it back on. I've got a Voigtlander 58mm lens that had been dropped before I got it (for $100, you can understand why) and it was very stiff to mount on a Pentax bayonet. I ended up taking part of the bayonet down with a fine file. Total material removed was less than 1/100th of an inch, then the lens mounted properly again. It gives you an idea of how tight the tolerances are.

Post Thanks / Like

I figured it out weeks ago and forgot to update this thread. It was a very stupid user error - I had mounted an arca plate too far forward and the fat base of the lens barrel was rubbing against it! (Yes, it IS embarrassing to admit)

Oh, other than that I like the camera.