The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

No Fun with Oly 45mm thread?

greypilgrim

I searched quite a bit to try and find it.

Well, if I missed it, then ignore this, otherwise, perhaps we should rename this thread and make it the Fun with Oly 45mm...

Anyway, this has rapidly become one of my go to lenses. Combined with the Panny 20mm, it makes a really fun kit.

Here are a couple posts from today:

Plum Tree Therapy

Pleasant Dreams

Bear with the slideshows. I am just beginning to try and bring up my website (a long process), so I just created these from within Lightroom.

Doug

kweide

Oh, so you really have the impression there is not fun with that little gem ?? Hmm, i can only speak for myself, no, let the pictures speak. Even better...

Proud

Olympus E-P3, M. Zuiko45 mm, noNR
ISO 400 @ f1.8, 1/80 second, 45 mm focal length​

Brian Mosley

Nope, definitely not having enough fun with it... need to get out more and use it! :ROTFL:

E-P3 + mZD 45mm f1.8
1/320s f/1.8 at 45.0mm iso200

1/250s f/2.0 at 45.0mm iso200

Thanks for starting the thread - inspires me to come back to this gem.

Cheers

Brian

greypilgrim

Well, I am not one for portraiture, so I use the lens mostly for shots like this:

But, here is one candid I shot that I am rather fond of:

Doug

ErikTande

Was shooting some more parts of a Halloween video last night, stopped at the end to grab some promotional stills. GH2, Olympus 45mm 1.8, ISO 2000.

monk

Peacock and Shrub at the City of Ten Thousand Buddhas, Ukiah, CA.
EPL5 and Zuiko 45mm. Sharp, much?

monk

Tender care of his mate by the male peacock. Peacock domesticity!
EPL5 Zuiko 45mm.

Best wishes!

scott kirkpatrick

I've put up a small gallery on Pbase. 45 and 75 f/1.8's mostly by me, but a few by my daughter Yael, who seems to really like sticking a long lens in people's faces...

All with my new toy EPL-5. I bought the VF2 viewer for a future use, and the rest followed. Click on a frame in the slide show, and there is a 1/4 or sometimes full res jpeg available for download.

scott

Last edited:

scott kirkpatrick

Here are some shots from the last spell of nice weather, with the 45:

a nephew,

his older brother, charging,

but he stopped short of touching the lens (barely)

and the fearless photographer was my daughter:

scott

scott kirkpatrick

Pixels galore

I'm counting on the site's software to reduce this one to your screensize, but I couldn't bear to discard a single pixel. This is Silwan in East Jerusalem,
viewed from the City of David architectural site on the hill just south of the Temple Mount in the Old City. Taken yesterday, election day, which provided
a day off from work for everyone, as well as great weather.
The result was an exceptionally high election turnout with increased votes for the Arab parties, the three (or more) leftist parties, the new center party,
the rightist party, in fact for everything but Bibi's party.

The 45/1.8 does a great job in retaining mid-tone detail. You might, for example, try to count all the satellite dishes in this picture. But in the next
shot, which shows Silwan coming up against the modern cemetaries on the Mount of Olives, I don't recommend trying to count the gravestones.

scott