Site Sponsors

Thread: A new tiny fast lens with swirly bokeh!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

A new tiny fast lens with swirly bokeh!

43rumors report on this one from Miyazaki: 43 Rumors | Blog | Sonnetar 25mm f/1.1 Prototype spotted!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: A new tiny fast lens with swirly bokeh!

It is not straightforward to find the image samples.

Here (including a catsnap ): Google Translate

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

should liven up the bokeh thread a bit . .

Keith

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I think it will make a fabulous street lens (especially if there is a GXR with a built in EVF). Its size with its hood is about the same as the Computar-TV 25/1.3.

Though one sample of the Fujinon-TV 25/1.4 I have will be even smaller (albeit not that fast) and with better, smoother OOF rendition.

Post Thanks / Like

The smaller Fujinon-TV 25mm/f1.4 (HF25HA) is about 30mmx30mm, is designed for 2/3" video and vignettes heavily. The Fujinon-TV 25mm/f1.4 for 1" video (CF25B) is about 45mmx45mm and vignettes very slightly on m4/3 in 4:3 (without modification).

In my opinion, the Fujinon-TV CF25B is ideally proportioned to a small m4/3 camera like the GF1, and handles very well on a GH2. The focus and aperture rings are of appropriate size to locate and adjust blindly. With smaller lenses, if find these adjustments more difficult simply due to the small size and the close proximity of the iris or focus ring within the recessed c-mount adapter.

The CF25B is definitely a class above this MSOptical lens, if we may evaluate it from the images from this prototype. The Fujinon CF25B will yield terrifically sharp images with excellent color and contrast with smooth bokeh and very little to no swirl.

I don't really understand the point of this MSOptical lens... there are millions of dirt-cheap CCTV lenses that provide the same sensor coverage, image quality, swirl and bokeh characteristics.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ekoe View Post
    The smaller Fujinon-TV 25mm/f1.4 (HF25HA) is about 30mmx30mm, is designed for 2/3" video and vignettes heavily. The Fujinon-TV 25mm/f1.4 for 1" video (CF25B) is about 45mmx45mm and vignettes very slightly on m4/3 in 4:3 (without modification).
    ekoe, The one(s) I refer to aren't the ones you are talking about. One of these days I will snap pics of them. Rare as hen's teeth.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, please. As you have probably realized by now I love those 1" Fujinon-TVs.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting, Vivek. I have handled several of MS Optical's conversions, and lens offerings (such as the Perar 35/3.5) but I found them to have rather fiddly ergonomics and are almost too small...this one in Pentax Q mount looks improved in that regard...