Site Sponsors

Thread: How to see thumbnails for G3 RW2s?

Bhakti-rider

How to see thumbnails for G3 RW2s?

Can anyone tell me how to see thumbnails for G3 RW2s in Windows 7 64-bit?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to see thumbnails for G3 RW2s?

I don't believe you can. Windows does not recognize that filetype (among many others like DNG). You need to open it on a program that supports this file type, such as PS or Picasa. Then you can right click on the image, choose "open with" and select say Picasa. However, that opens the image, which is not the same as a thumbnail.
    Tullio

Bhakti-rider

Thanks, Tullio - although I'm not overjoyed to hear that! I bought and downloaded a piece of software that will show thumbnails for CR2s, but that either shows them or doesn't based on the name of the folder they're in. I downloaded the trial version of something that claimed it would show RW2s, but it didn't.

San Jose, huh? I was born and raised in Willow Glen, and lived almost all of the first 64 years of my life in the South Bay.

Post Thanks / Like

There are (at least) two versions of RW2. The one produced by the G1 and the one produced by the G3 (I don't know which version the G10, G2, GFx and GHx produce). So, it is possible that the software that you downloaded works OK with RW2 from the G1 (older version) but not the new. I have CS4 and CS5 as well as Silkypix 3.0 and 3.1. The older releases can manipulate RW2 from the G1 but not from the G3.

Anyway, I know Willow Glen fairly well as my Mother-in-law lived there for a few years on Lincoln Ave.
    Tullio