The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

jonoslack

Just a few from today
I thought that Mary Ward looked remarkably well preserved:

panasonic 100-300

There's nothing like an old boat:

Flowers and Bricks

all above with Panasonic 100-300

This last one with the 12-50 kit lens.

Off to Holland Tomorrow.

all the best

pgmj

Flowers by pgmj, on Flickr
Using a Voigtländer 75/2.5 Color-Heliar with a cheap Pixco adapter (Leica M). Aperture was at f/4, I believe, and focus fairly close to the MFD (1m).

Knorp

Just a few from today

This last one with the 12-50 kit lens.

Off to Holland Tomorrow.

all the best
Mmm, I didn't buy the kit lens and hope I don't regret that decision in the end.
Anyway, I love this one for its composition and colours.

As for locations: what about "East Anglia & Cornwall (UK), Holland (EU)" ?
:D

All the best.

f6cvalkyrie

I went for a walk in the park with some friends, and just took the E-M5 and a Micro-Nikkor 200/4

IBIS is a beautiful tool when shooting with long non-stabilized lenses :D:D

C U,
Rafael

jonoslack

Mmm, I didn't buy the kit lens and hope I don't regret that decision in the end.
Anyway, I love this one for its composition and colours.

As for locations: what about "East Anglia & Cornwall (UK), Holland (EU)" ?
:D

All the best.
Hi Bart
It isn't perfect, and it certainly needs stopping down at wide angle if you want sharp corners. But it is weather sealed (as Matt Says) it doesn't extend at longer focal lengths, and the macro mode is really very good.
What it lacks in absolute quality it makes up for in real usefulness. I like it when I'm out for a walk with friends, and when it's not all that polite to keep stopping to change lenses. Of course, the other option might be a second body :eek:
Surely I didn't say that!
All the best. Just heading into the Chunnel.

Knorp

Hi Bart
It isn't perfect, and it certainly needs stopping down at wide angle if you want sharp corners. But it is weather sealed (as Matt Says) it doesn't extend at longer focal lengths, and the macro mode is really very good.
What it lacks in absolute quality it makes up for in real usefulness. I like it when I'm out for a walk with friends, and when it's not all that polite to keep stopping to change lenses. Of course, the other option might be a second body :eek:
Well, it was that kit lens or the grip !
I think I chose wisely ... :angel:

Kind regards.

etrigan63

Today I lucked into a co-worker who had been given an old camera lens. As it turns out, the lens was a brand-new, in-the-box, Soligor 80-200mm f/4.5 in OM mount. I bought the lens for $30 and will be posting samples as I get to more samples. Here is one from lunch:

Mutant Duck by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

m_driscoll

Caffe Vita, an excellent Seattle roasting company and cafe operator. This one is on Capital Hill.

45mm f/1.8; 1/50 @ f/1.8; ISO 2500

45mm f/1.8; 1/30 @ f/1.8; ISO 2500

45mm f/1.8; 1/40 @ f/1.8; ISO 2500

12mm f/2; 1/40 @ f/1.8; ISO 2500

12mm f/2; 1/40 @ f/1.8; ISO 2500

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

m_driscoll

Hi Bart
A second body??? :shocked: I had that same thought today (as I signed the receipt for my Nex 7 gear trade in)! :D

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll