The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

jonoslack

Hi Jono...first....thanks a million for helping to save my life..from you to Jeremy and on to my Daughter!!!

My question about the seating arrangement in your very homey kitch is...as the dog has your chair...who used the basket??:deadhorse:
BILL!

So great to have you back. I hope you're completely recovered?

I couldn't remember what your hotel was called. But I did remember what it looked like and where it was. So thanks should go to google for street view!

It was sad to miss you, but so great to see Jeremy's picture of you looking better. He has very kindly been keeping us up to date on your progress.

As for the chair. That's the dogs chair. I don't have time to sit down!

Emma sends her best wishes. And so do I

All the very very best wishes

jnewell

Excellent David . .
focus is interesting though - sometimes it's easiest to use the 'touch screen shutter' for macro - it really does focus quick, and of course, as soon as it's latched on it takes the shot.
I wonder how effective engaging C-AF would be, if at all...?

jonoslack

I wonder how effective engaging C-AF would be, if at all...?
I haven't tried it with macro - I have often used it in the past - good for swaying plants, swaying photographer etc. Certainly worth a try.

However Even for subjects where you would imagine it was a good idea (surfers / sports) I still find that S-AF works much better - it's so fast, and there's so little shutter lag, that I've found it better to get in the right area - track the subject and then mash the shutter - good results - C-AF = bad results :D

Terry

Bob -

I like the first one best although the rust makes me skeptical of "domestic water" label.

Last edited:

m_driscoll

The 25/1.4 that I ordered came in (so, we went out to my wife's favorite Indian restaurant :D ). Nice lens.

E-M5; Panasonic 25mm f/1.4; 1/10s @ f/5; ISO 200

E-M5; Panasonic 25mm f/1.4; 1/800s @ f/6.3; ISO 200

E-M5; Panasonic 25mm f/1.4; 1/160s @ f/6.3; ISO 200

E-M5; Panasonic 25mm f/1.4; 1/320s @ f/1.4; ISO 200

E-M5; Panasonic 7-14mm f/4; 14mm; 1/50s @ f/5; ISO 1600

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll