The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Braeside

You should be ashamed of yourself . . . Sandend beach looks irresistible.
I know Jono, I didn't go prepared for swimming and I don't think they would appreciate skinny dipping there. ;)

It was a surprise for us that the weather was so nice for the first couple of days, Pat actually had to go and buy some sun screen as she got burnt. We had a super time and stayed at a fantastic B&B which was like a stately home - in fact it was one in the past.

Back to reality now though.:cry:

jonoslack

I know Jono, I didn't go prepared for swimming and I don't think they would appreciate skinny dipping there. ;)
Who wouldn't appreciate skinny dipping? . . . there isn't anyone there! The knack of swimming unexpectedly is that you wait until nobody is within a reasonable distance . . . take off all your clothes - go swimming, stand about as long as feasible . . then put your clothes back on - don't make the mistake of trying to dry yourself with your shirt . . . the idea is that you don't need to carry anything extra. I did this at the Lido in Venice last October - just about where Dirk Bogarde breathed his last in Death in Venice. Vulgar? yep. Exhiliarating? yep! Arrested? nope!

I really like this one of Saul. Its so moody and evocative of 50's black and whites.
Thank you Diane - I was pleased with it as well (pity he still smokes though)

m_driscoll

I happened upon the beginning of festivities for the "4th Annual Red, White and Dead Zombie Walk 2012". The actual walk was about 7 hours later, but these were some staff getting warmed up. Seattle had the world record (most Zombies in the parade, but Mexico City took it away) :(. I don't know if Seattle got it back, tonight. :D

EM-5; M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f4.0-5.6; 9mm; 1/1600s @ f/4.5; ISO 200

EM-5; M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f4.0-5.6; 9mm; 1/200s @ f/6.3; ISO 200

EM-5; M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f4.0-5.6; 18mm; 1/125s @ f/6.3; ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

m_driscoll

Some non-zombie shots from today. I picked up this lens because it was smaller and 'filterable'. IQ, and speed, not as good as the Panasonic 7-14 (which, I also have); but, I'm still, generally, pleased with it.

EM-5; M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f4.0-5.6; 18mm; 1/400s @ f/6.3; ISO 200

EM-5; M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm f4.0-5.6; 9mm; 1/500s @ f/6.3; ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

scho

I didn't think that I would ever re-visit m43 world again, but here I am ready for another try. I got tired of waiting for Sony to implement firmware fixes for the NEX7 (notably auto ISO and the dreaded video button). After seeing the great image quality that people have been producing here with the OMD I caved in to temptation once again and decided to grab a nice little black OMD that showed up in stock at a favorite camera store. I'm shooting now primarily with legacy lenses and old adapters that I still have from my previous bout with m43 cameras. IBIS was a major factor in my decision to go with the OMD.

A few first samples using various lenses. The old M adapter I had would not focus to infinity on the OMD, so that needs to be replaced.

Konica AR 50mm f/1.7 Hexanon

Contax G 90mm f/2.8 Sonnar

Carl Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 Biogon C

Contax G 35mm f/2 Planar

jonoslack

HI Carl
Great to see you hear (and rather unexpected). Focus peaking would be nice, but I've found that the IBIS holding it steady makes manual focusing pretty painless (and there's a kind of increase of contrast in the in-focus bits).
all the best

scho

HI Carl
Great to see you hear (and rather unexpected). Focus peaking would be nice, but I've found that the IBIS holding it steady makes manual focusing pretty painless (and there's a kind of increase of contrast in the in-focus bits).
all the best
Thanks Jono. Yes, MF with the OMD is really an enjoyable experience.

B

brian1208

My first posting here so please be gentle :). I got this wonderful little camera as a lightweight replacement for my canon 60D and have been having a very happy time finding out what it can do. The 12-50 kit lens has been a real suprise for close-up and macro work and its even better when I combine it with an old canon 450D close-up filter. Here's an example of what I am getting + a link to an album on Photobucket where there are some more images.

(This site is a great resource by the by, I'm glad to have found you all)

OM-D EM5 test shots pictures by oldcanon - Photobucket

Last edited:

Braeside

Welcome Brian - great results on the macro of the bee.

The kit lens isn't bad at all.

Cullen harbour - the kids were having a great time leaping in.

Think he was exceeding the 3 Knot limit in this one: