The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

jonoslack

Lovely flower shots John
So - you reckon it's a Sony sensor?
where did you get that information from?
all the best

jonoslack

Hi, very interesting thread !

I was looking at the OMD to use it with MF lenses (long focal lengths, 300-1000mm) for birding. I thought the 5-axis ibis would be a wonderful help both for focusing and shooting (if I read correctly).

But, what's that "zooming in and out" about ?

C U
Rafael
hI Rafael - it's only the focus assist zoom - good on a tripod, but I find it awkward when you're hand holding.
You'll know all about it with your cameras.
all the best

etrigan63

Carlos, did you order the body or the kit?
Ordered the black kit with the 12-50 lens and the grip plus a spare battery. I got an update from him today that it should be arriving to him on Monday then turned around and shipped to me that same day. So it looks like the middle of next week for me.

250swb

Won't it vignette at the 12mm end, I get the impression it is made for a 50mm focal length lens, not a 12-50mm?

Steve

teeraash

Wow, maybe I'll pass on the Leica M Monochrom after all :D

Beautiful B&W - is this from raw? any post processing tips?

Thanks for sharing :thumbs:

Brian
I went to my sister in-law house. Saw that girl and took 4 pics of her with Voig. 25mm 0.95. Exposure and contrast adjustment with LR and then converted to b&w with nik silver pro effex. Are you serious about the M?:toocool:

jonoslack

I haven't gone away you know!

Great images everyone - especially that last one teera_ash!

my grip arrived today - more later.

I'm feeling a bit like this: