The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

L

Landshark

Love the macro shots, very nice, I like how all of you are showing how capable the camera is and for whatever reason, I could not help myself and had to mess with my morning market shots. Having a lot of fun with this OM-D

E

Easyki

. . and here are some with the Panasonic 100-300

Wow, these are amazing shots!

I'm new on the forum, came here by coincidence. Just got my OMD two days ago, the silver/black body with kit lens 12/50, with the panasonic 25 1.4 and the Olympus 45 1.8 lenses. I am still in my learning stage, but the pictures I've got so far are absolutely superb! And some photo's I've seen in this tread amaze me even more. They assure me I've spent my hard earned money very well :thumbs::thumbs: !!!

To Jonoslack: the 100/300 Pana looks very good! I was hesitating for a longer range lens between the Olympus and the Panasonic, so I decided to wait a while and begin to shoot with the lenses I have.
Anyway: Great shots !!

Greetz,

Easyki

Terry

Bob -
Not sure of your post processing technique but a)it's pretty cool and b)I don't want to be one of your market "victims".

teeraash

Terry, thanks for the tips and colorful flowers pics.
Jono, your pics made me seriously thinking of getting the 100-300.

biglouis

Terry and Jono, the macro shots are excellent! My decision to wait and see what Panasonic do next is beginning to be worn down...

E

Easyki

Terry, thanks for the tips and colorful flowers pics.
Jono, your pics made me seriously thinking of getting the 100-300.
:bugeyes::bugeyes:Yeah, me too !! Would it be any good when the sun goes down, is it usable without a tripod when it is cloudy weather?

Jonas

Here is an another image, somewhat similar to the caravan image I posted earlier (page 2 post 92) and the building (page 1 post 2):

Above: A sculpture with overcast sky in the background. Taken at a distance (25-30meters or so, E-M5 and Zuiko 45/1.8 stopped down).

I'm posting these in this thread not to demonstrate lenses or compositions but as examples of how the features helps with getting the images in an efficient way. You can tell I'm coming from Panasonic... and very happy with the UniWB exposure method and the camera set to blinking highlights/shadows. The image is an example of getting the exposure in a tricky situation, one shot only, where I didn't want to throw the black parts into a total nothing but still keep the golden parts without blowing them.

The only problem is one of the firmware bugs which in this case make the blinking stop after having enlarged the view for focusing. The workaround is easy enough though. Disregarding the bug the camera is as made for this method.

jonoslack

:bugeyes::bugeyes:Yeah, me too !! Would it be any good when the sun goes down, is it usable without a tripod when it is cloudy weather?
HI There - I got some shots at 300mm at 1/15th second . . hand held, so the answer is YES.

Wow, these are amazing shots!
Thank You!

To Jonoslack: the 100/300 Pana looks very good! I was hesitating for a longer range lens between the Olympus and the Panasonic, so I decided to wait a while and begin to shoot with the lenses I have.
Anyway: Great shots !!

Greetz,

Easyki
Well, waiting a bit is a good plan - I got my 100-300 from ebay in a slightly inebriated 2 minutes - it was around half the price of the Olympus - I also got it because my wife was interested in birds in the garden, and she has a G1x (and of course needs the IS).

If it were just for me, and money wasn't an object I think I would have got the Olympus for the slightly wider wide end.

All the best

jonoslack

Though I can't speak for the Oly equivalent(s), but with ample light the 100-300 delivers to goods in bucket loads !

Did you already try the grip ?

Kind regards.
HI Bart
Yes - I've tried it - still considering my position with it, but it certainly works, and, like the camera, it looks better in real life than in pictures.

jonoslack

Here are a couple from my morning walk:
All shot with the 14-150 except where noted.

with the 25 f1.4 (good innit)

jlm

Workshop Member
Last night, I came home, looked at some personal emails, read a book for an hour, had supper and then played Go with my son . . . . and realised that it was the first evening at home I hadn't worked for the whole year.

So, to celebrate, here are a couple of pictures of the go board (at 5000 ISO - exif should be intact)

26mm 5000 ISO 1/13th second f6.3

13mm 5000 ISO 1/8th second f6.3

12mm 5000 ISO 1/15th f6.3
(Oh Dear, Sim - you blew it!)
Hey!

I have that same stove, but in white, right here in NYC!