The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

jonoslack

Fun here with the Leica 60 elmarit macro and the OMD.

My 60 elmarit arrived today from Red Dot Cameras - thank you Brian

I'm linking to their side because they were so helpful and splendid!

I'm so impressed I started a new thread, but I thought a few images here wouldn't go amiss either.

Using the lens on the OMD is wonderful - it handles nicely with the small grip, the IS works splendidly, and the lens is just spectacular.

All the best

ustein

Contributing Editor
>you do have a tendency to make my life more expensive

Our purpose in life :). Unfortunately it may also make my life the same.

Terry

Carlos, I feel like I walked into a "story book" with that shot. Really like it. You were testing out the tilt screen !

etrigan63

Yup, took me a couple of goes to remember how to turn it on, but in the end the shot was worth it and my knees are still intact.

etrigan63

Cracked out my Zuiko OM 50mm f/1.4 for some low-light prime action. It also enabled me to take the requisite cat picture (as per the secret by-laws of GetDPI):

Bagheera by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

OM-D E-M5 1/50s f1.4 ISO 3200
RAW processed with Corel AfterShot Pro

raist3d

Fun here with the Leica 60 elmarit macro and the OMD.

My 60 elmarit arrived today from Red Dot Cameras - thank you Brian

I'm linking to their side because they were so helpful and splendid!

I'm so impressed I started a new thread, but I thought a few images here wouldn't go amiss either.

Using the lens on the OMD is wonderful - it handles nicely with the small grip, the IS works splendidly, and the lens is just spectacular.

All the best
Some nice textures in those flowers.

- Raist

jlm

Workshop Member
just opened a UPS box with a silver OMD and 12-50, battery is charging.

pretty cute little bugger

jlm

Workshop Member
just getting a minute with the camera. found that live view-touch screen takes a shot totally amazing.

however, my screen blanks out after a few seconds in LV when tilted to waistlevel finder config; is this normal?

Eureka! figured it out...my fat finger was triggering the viewfinder mode! Ha!

Tesselator

I'm holding a dummy copy of it while shooting with the real thing. :)

So those horses are just a printed (I think air-brush art) pic on the other side of some clear plastic. All of the knobs, buttons, and doors open, press, and turn but there's no guts in it. No glass in the lens either. :D (Of the one pictured in the image there).

peterc

I'm holding a dummy copy of it while shooting with the real thing. :)

So those horses are just a printed pic on the other side of some clear plastic. All of the knobs, buttons, and doors open, press, and turn but there's no guts in it. No glass in the lens either. :D (Of the one pictured in the image there).
and theres a HUGE E-M5 underneath!!!