The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Brian Mosley

Someone mentioned the Fuji X-Pro 1 thread having more 'wow' images... Judging by the last few here, it look like the tables are turning! :clap:

Thanks everyone, it looks like you are getting inspired. :thumbs:

Brian

jonoslack

Here are three homely shots trying out the new 9-18

Kitchen (time for dinner at 2500 ISO):

Chicken pen . . .

Self portrait in dusty car bonnet:

marlof

Fun shots, Jono. I liked the 9-18 when I had it. I just didn't go wider than 12 enough to justify keeping it next to the 12. But sometimes I miss the compact UWA fun it provides.

jonoslack

Fun shots, Jono. I liked the 9-18 when I had it. I just didn't go wider than 12 enough to justify keeping it next to the 12. But sometimes I miss the compact UWA fun it provides.
Hi There
I'm slightly wondering if I shouldn't have bitten the bullet and bought the 7-14 (there's still time to change my mind!).

It seems to do a decent job though

PS - particularly liked the last shot of your group.

all the best

Terry

Hi There
I'm slightly wondering if I shouldn't have bitten the bullet and bought the 7-14 (there's still time to change my mind!).

It seems to do a decent job though

PS - particularly liked the last shot of your group.

all the best
Oh my, look what just one extra 1mm gets you (and this is a little cropped) :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL: shot at 8mm from the 7-14

marlof

I'm slightly wondering if I shouldn't have bitten the bullet and bought the 7-14
At the time, the biggest advantage of the 9-18 to me was the small size. Next to that I really liked the range (just like I really liked the 11-22 on my E-1). For someone who likes to explore going wider, the 7-14 seems to be ideal though.

Hosermage

Trying macro for the first time today, just to see what the fuss is all about :) My back and arms were quite strained from trying to stay still so I don't lose focus!

jonoslack

Trying macro for the first time today, just to see what the fuss is all about :) My back and arms were quite strained from trying to stay still so I don't lose focus!
Excellent David . .
focus is interesting though - sometimes it's easiest to use the 'touch screen shutter' for macro - it really does focus quick, and of course, as soon as it's latched on it takes the shot.

jonoslack

ok, nice photo, but damn, what a great comfy looking kitchen dining area...yeah, the lens, blablabla...it works pretty good :toocool:
Thank you! - we love it - Emma is the architect of the funky slightly out of order look ( she can be seen getting something out of the cupboard). My middle son Sim and I are guilty of the floor, the units and the woodwork.

If you turn round 180 degrees you get this (which we didn't build)
(yeah - too much kit!)

OMD with 25mm summilux at f4

with a crop