The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

marlof

I put the manuals of my cameras on my iPad (using iAnnotate PDF, which I prefer to Goodreader, but that's another story) when I get the camera. That way I have them handy when necessary. I do get mental bonus points for not using them, but figuring things out myself. Sometimes I cheat: I pick up a tip shared online by someone who didn't get any bonus points, and actually read the manual...

jonoslack

Misty Morning Walk
OMD plus 12-50 (with the exception of the Roe deer which was with the panny 100-300).
Not great light, and I was wet right up to my waist!

Paratom

Hi There
I'm slightly wondering if I shouldn't have bitten the bullet and bought the 7-14 (there's still time to change my mind!).

It seems to do a decent job though

PS - particularly liked the last shot of your group.

all the best
Did you feel you want any wider or do you feel anything wrong with the IQ?
Personally 21mm(in ff world) is as wide as I need.
On the other side I find 35mm at the long end (18mm) quite useful to avoid switching lenses all the time.

jonoslack

Did you feel you want any wider or do you feel anything wrong with the IQ?
Personally 21mm(in ff world) is as wide as I need.
On the other side I find 35mm at the long end (18mm) quite useful to avoid switching lenses all the time.
Hi Tom
Nothing wrong with the IQ on the 9-18 . . .and your argument is just the one I used to get the 9-18 . . .but sometimes I do like wider, and although I do like 28, I'm not usually enthralled by 35mm.

I only have 7 days to change my mind, and probably a combination of inertia and work means that the 9-18 will stay!

m_driscoll

Boy, lot's of excellent photos posted, above. :salute:

The Palouse:

E-M5; Panasonic 45-175mm; 45mm; 1/250s @ f/8; ISO 200

E-M5; Panasonic 45-175mm; 45mm; 1/250s @ f/8; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

E-M5; Panasonic 45-175mm; 45mm; 1/320s @ f/8; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

E-M5; Panasonic 45-175mm; 45mm; 1/500s @ f/8; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

E-M5; Panasonic 45-175mm; 175mm; 1/400s @ f/8; ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

Hosermage

David,
what liquid is this? I would like to try a shot like this and was wondering what your setup was.
Carlos, it was a piece of tear drop shaped glass, about an inch in diameter at the bottom. It took a few try for the AF to lock into the correct image because most of the time it will focus on the glass itself instead of the inverted image.

Bill Gordon

ok, nice photo, but damn, what a great comfy looking kitchen dining area...yeah, the lens, blablabla...it works pretty good :toocool:
Hi Jono...first....thanks a million for helping to save my life..from you to Jeremy and on to my Daughter!!!

My question about the seating arrangement in your very homey kitch is...as the dog has your chair...who used the basket??:deadhorse:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Here are a couple of OM-D pics with a variety of lenses and settings.....

Glen Nevis

Dining Car

Walkin the Rails

Bob