The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Mike Woods

First is with the 45mm which I picked up today (they had the 75mm but I walked away :(). Second is the kit lens which I'm really enjoying for its versatility:

Mike

les

There seemed to have been a bit of theme in the past on the subject of local walks, usually when the cat refuses to co-operate anymore as a model.
Accordingly here we have 'Big Creek', and I'll confess there's been a bit of HDR massage.

Cheers

OM-D + Oly 14.42

m_driscoll

Beautiful posts, everybody. Harbor Island and back at Lake Union and the Gasworks Park.

E-M5; 12mm f/2; 1/640s @ f/8; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

E-M5; 75-300mm; 200mm; 1/125s @ f/8; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

E-M5; 75-300mm; 200mm; 1/160s @ f/8; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

E-M5; 75-300mm; 75mm; 1/320s @ f/8; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

jnewell

Diane, I see the ads for the generic battery and charger specify that the generic batteries are not compatible with the OEM charger. Does the OEM battery charge in your generic charger? If so, can you show us which one you are using? I don't want to keep track of which battery goes with which charger. I'm ok with using the generic charger with all my batteries, especially if the charger has the fold-out prongs (I hope).
I label my batteries so i can keep track of age and rotation anyway so keeping track of which goes in which charger is very easy. ;) I am currently using one OEM and two aftermarket batteries (not by choice) but find that carrying a second charger is not an issue and provides the benefit of being able to charge two batteries at the same time. The connection issue with the OEM charger I solved with one of the little Apple folding prong/figure 8 charging block adapters, which is smaller than a battery...in storage, it nests neatly into the battery slot in the OEM charger! :thumbs:

jonoslack

Lots of lovely shots around
time to shoot is sparse!
Here are a couple from the last day or so:

Saul Needs A Shave

45mm f1.8 at 4000 ISO

Hollyhock Heaven (from the loo window)

Leica 75mm f2 summicron ASPH

Kate sympathises with Silas (having trouble with Angry Birds again?)

45mm f1.8 at 2000 ISO

Knorp

Lots of lovely shots around
time to shoot is sparse!
Here are a couple from the last day or so:

Saul Needs A Shave

45mm f1.8 at 4000 ISO
What a fantastic portrait, Jono. Reminds me of b/w films of old :thumbs:

:OT: sometimes you worry me: why is time sparse ?

All the best.

jonoslack

What a fantastic portrait, Jono. Reminds me of b/w films of old :thumbs:

:OT: sometimes you worry me: why is time sparse ?

All the best.
Thank you Bart
. . time is sparse because I have so many things to do . . . which is pretty lucky I guess

Why does it worry you?

Knorp

Why does it worry you?
Well, for instance if my bank balance is healthy enough ... :ROTFL:

But no, I'd rather see you take care of yourself.
You seem to be always busy of late.
People start talking you know ... :lecture:

All the best

JMaher

Venice in the Evening - I will admit to more than a little work being done on the photo. However a testament to the stabilization in the camera. I am sure I leaned against something, but still...

1.6 seconds at 2.8 with the 25 1.4

20120709-P7090037_3tonemapped by jmmtampa, on Flickr

Jim

Tesselator

Lovely shots everyone.
More later - in haste now. However, my OMD was put through it's paces over the weekend - a whole' day's rain and mud, with it and the P 12-35 slung over a wet shoulder - then nights in a steamy humid tent.

All went well - more pictures later, but we did have fun!

all the best

Where is that? What event?

RavenMad

Here's another couple I took in the garden today - still using the kit 12-50 while I wait for my mount adapters. I know these aren't anywhere near as good as most of the shots you guys are putting up but I'm enjoying taking them. Hope I'm not boring anyone... :)