The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

RavenMad

Well, I finally got my m42 mount adapters so here's a couple of test shots with the Helios 58mm f/2 - all wide open (from memory). I have such good memories of this lens - it was the standard lens that came on my very first camera: Zenit 12XP. That camera was a tank but, jeez, it took some great shots. I'm so glad I can give it a second life on this new camera! :)

The next two shots were taken with the medium size Zenit macro tube:

jonoslack

Hi There Matt

E-M5; Panasonic 45-175mm; 45mm; 1/320s @ f/10; -2 EV; ISO 200
I think that amounts to 'Ashwin Raped' . ..

Great shot - our Oil Seed Rape all finished in May.

Mike . . you never cease to amaze me, to be honest, I'm not a great devotee of street shooting, but I love a decent visual joke, and you make them so eloquently . . Polka dot is genius - beautifully seen and just magical. . . if it were a one-off, then you could put it down to luck, but the hits just keep on coming! :salute:

jonoslack

Started out for a sunny walk today with a pair of shorts and a t-shirt - camera with kit lens over shoulder . . then it started to rain - serious thunder storm and real deluge, with no place to hide!

it was very dark, so not too many good shots, here's a couple I did like:

Have you tried drying off a lens with a wet t-shirt :ROTFL:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
A simple photo essay shot with the OMD yesterday. I spent some time hanging out with a few families that live in an abandoned cemetery.

Knorp

A couple more watch shots with the 12-50. FlyPenFly: any tips?
Excellent, the watch smiles, which is good ... :)
Still, but that's my opinion, the watch should catch more light, it's in the shadow mainly now making it a bit gloomy.
I mean this way it doesn't catch your attention at once.
But perhaps this was intentionally ?

I'd like to see you try.
Anyway, thanks for sharing !

All the best.

RavenMad

Excellent, the watch smiles, which is good ... :)
Still, but that's my opinion, the watch should catch more light, it's in the shadow mainly now making it a bit gloomy.
I mean this way it doesn't catch your attention at once.
But perhaps this was intentionally ?

I'd like to see you try.
Anyway, thanks for sharing !

All the best.
Thanks for the comments! I took these shots with diffused natural light from a side window and an overhead incandescent light for warmth. I guess they could have been lit a bit brighter to catch the highlights more as you said. I'm having fun though so I'll keep trying. :)

kweide

Hi Mami
Happy mother with her newborn child

Olympus E-M5, Summilux25, noNR
ISO 1600 @ f4.5, 1/40 second, 25 mm focal length​

Mike Woods

Mike . . you never cease to amaze me, to be honest, I'm not a great devotee of street shooting, but I love a decent visual joke, and you make them so eloquently . . Polka dot is genius - beautifully seen and just magical. . . if it were a one-off, then you could put it down to luck, but the hits just keep on coming! :salute:

Jono, thanks so much for your kind words. I know my favourite genre isn't everybody else's, but that's why this forum has so much to offer in terms of its diverse range of supporters.

All the best.

Mike

B

brian1208

a bit of powerboat action from the Cowes-Torquay-Cowes Powerboat races on Sunday, shot using the EM-5 + 75-300 (wish that 35-100 f2.8 was available, it would have been ideal)