The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

B

brian1208

Some more of my favourite Red Arrows shots from the Bournemouth Air Festival. Getting the right spot, the right weather and having this little gem of a camera to hand got me some of the best shots I've ever achieved at this venue.
I hope you enjoy them

Knorp

Spectacular images - well done, Brian !
Needless to say that I enjoyed this series a lot :thumbs:

All the best.

Rich M

More weirdness from today:

Mike
Mike......your captures ROCK the house :thumbs:

I don't know how you do it, your street pics are exemplary. I wish I had your eye....and the alacrity with a camera to capture it.

I would have probably walked by this shot.....and many of others of yours like this.

Thanks for sharing......R

kweide

It´s over ... done
The end of a photo session, transferred to reality, sad ..

Olympus E-M5, Summilux 25, noNR
ISO200 @ f1.4, 1/640 second, 25 mm focal length​

Mike Woods

Mike......your captures ROCK the house :thumbs:

I don't know how you do it, your street pics are exemplary. I wish I had your eye....and the alacrity with a camera to capture it.

I would have probably walked by this shot.....and many of others of yours like this.

Thanks for sharing......R
Thanks for your kind words Rich. My hit rate has rocketed with the OM-D (compared with M9) and that's entirely due to the flip screen and the fact that I dont have to make eye contact. I'm finding I can now work a scene much more, and this shot was a direct result of hanging around to see how it would develop.

Thanks again

Mike

JMaher

Just thought I would provide an update on my repair. Received notice today that the leaking screen (internal crack?) was not covered by the warranty and would be $172.82. It is estimated to ship back to me on the 11th.

I can't argue about the warranty issue as I must have somehow pushed the screen too hard when packing it up. However this hasn't happened to me on any of the numerous cameras I have owned in the past. I treat the cameras as tools but I am fairly careful with them.

The price is not unreasonable and the service seems Ok but obviously not as good as CPS. What concerns me is reliability over the long term and makes me reconsider keeping my 5D2 which I was thinking about replacing with a 2nd body.

Jim

smartwombat

We went down to (one of) Jono's neck of the woods last week and I gave the OM-D witha few lenses a good workout.
Used the 12-50 kit lens, Sigma 4/3 50-500, Panasonic 100-300, Panasonic 14-140, Panasonic 7-14.
Only the Panasoinc 45-200 remained unused by the end of the trip.

Just a boot my wife spotted left on a rock in case its owner turned up.
A week later it was replaced with a pair of red crocs. I wonder if such objects are left out for photographers who want to do the selective colour thing.

Falmouth harbour the night we arrived.
I just had to go photograph something that night, and the light in the harbour gave my tripod a workout.

Portreath, right place, right time - we had no idea the SLSGB nationals were on.
An opportunity to test out my Sigma 50-500 at its longest, and find that AF really doesn't work. Manual focus was more reliable, even with my eyesight.

Stonechat I am reliably informed, by one who knows.
Just looked like Little Brown Jobs to me, but now I'll recognise them in future. Lots of other birds left that look like LBJs.

Saw two Chough flying past at clifftop height, but didn't get photo. Still the sight of the holiday even without a photo.

Church cove, Gunwalloe.
Mrs Wombat just happened to be in the right light for me to sneak this before she noticed.

Old caravan, left to rust in place.
Nature has been taking over the 3 caravans over the years we've been visiting, I don't think I'd want the weathered look any more deteriorated.

Sorry I can't tell you what species it is, I just liked the look of it.

I swear the youngster was giving its parent "the look" as it was being showered from the parent's bath.

I didn't ask Mrs Wombat to wear red, but I'm glad she did to provide a colour accent to this.

And the almost obligatory high tide waves-on-rocks shot.

Hope you like them as much as we enjoyed our holiday.

PAul

monk

Just thought I would provide an update on my repair. Received notice today that the leaking screen (internal crack?) was not covered by the warranty and would be $172.82. It is estimated to ship back to me on the 11th.

I can't argue about the warranty issue as I must have somehow pushed the screen too hard when packing it up. However this hasn't happened to me on any of the numerous cameras I have owned in the past. I treat the cameras as tools but I am fairly careful with them.

The price is not unreasonable and the service seems Ok but obviously not as good as CPS. What concerns me is reliability over the long term and makes me reconsider keeping my 5D2 which I was thinking about replacing with a 2nd body.

Jim
Can't push the "like" button, but you get the idea. Appreciate the update. Wonder what gives? Maybe a lemon? Over on another blog a commenter reported that he bonded immediately with his second OM-D body, which bonding had not happened with his first body. Perhaps buying the second one will likewise prove that this seemingly unreliable one was just the rare flawed copy?

JMaher

I just wonder if these new "touch" screens are easier to damage then the ones on more traditional DLSRs? Anyway Olympus beat their repair estimate and its already on its way back to me.
Jim

m_driscoll

Despite my peripatetic bent towards camera equipment, I still have this one.

E-M5; Panasonic 45-175mm; 1/125s @ f/5.3; ISO 200

E-M5; 75mm f/1.8; 1/1250s @ f/1.8; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

E-M5; 75mm f/1.8; 1/1000s @ f/2; ISO 200

E-M5; 75mm f/1.8; 1/800s @ f/2; ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

B

brian1208

Bart, that butterfly shot is impeccable, one I wish I had shot. Colour, detail and texture are all excellent.

(I've just picked up a used panny 45 macro in mint condition but it looks like all our butterflies have left the garden! :( )

Oh well, there are always bees and hoverflies to play with!

Knorp

Bart, that butterfly shot is impeccable, one I wish I had shot. Colour, detail and texture are all excellent.

(I've just picked up a used panny 45 macro in mint condition but it looks like all our butterflies have left the garden! :( )

Oh well, there are always bees and hoverflies to play with!
Hi there Brian,

thanks, but really - I was only pressing the button ... ;)
Bees and hoverflies are fine, but for something a little more exotic I'd go to the zoo ... :eek:

All the best.