The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

f6cvalkyrie

First-snow-of-the-new-winter fun in the garden

(very early in the morning, with the 14-45mm kitlens and Metz AF50 flash)

The last two with a Zoom-Nikkor 80-200/2.8

C U,
Rafael

dhsimmonds

With Pana-Leica 45mm

I wanted to demonstrate the shallow depth of field ability of this lens.
The Bokeh is exceptionally smooth with this lens. Focus is on the nose, eyes and whiskers with the distance from nose to paws less about one inch on these little Harvest mice.

les

Nice one - Raf, is that the Place St. Catherine? It's been a few years, but it looks like the view from the Hotel where we stayed. (Back in the good old days when Sabena was THE choice to bring you across the pond.)

Last edited:

f6cvalkyrie

Nice one - Raf, is that the Place St. Catherine? It's been a few years, but it looks like the view from the Hotel where we stayed. (Back in the good old days when Sabena was THE choice to bring you across the pond.)
Indeed, that's the place ! Famous for the fish and lobster restaurants ...
SABENA is long gone, has been SN Brussels Airlines, now Brussels Airlines, owned by Lufthansa :mad::(

But, now you have the Eurostar to take you across the pond :D:D

C U,
Rafael

Annna T

As they say a bit cheesy! Hope they don't belong to you! :rolleyes:

A great monochrome image in true Leica user tradition Jono! :thumbs: Or even OM tradition!! :salute:

(Did I mention that there are now three MM's in the Fellowship to my knowledge, which probably means that there are probably more.)
I do still have an M6 and three lenses, but when finally the M8 appeared I was already invested in Canon DSLRs and didn't find it very compelling. Neither the M9. I thought that what you get for the price isn't worth it. And I'm not even sure that my actual lenses would perform well on a digital M. On the mft cameras, I prefer the two Zeiss Contax G to the 50mm F1.4 and the 90mm F2 and the 35mm F2 is not such a good performer.

les

Indeed, that's the place ! Famous for the fish and lobster restaurants ...
SABENA is long gone, has been SN Brussels Airlines, now Brussels Airlines, owned by Lufthansa :mad::(

But, now you have the Eurostar to take you across the pond :D:D

C U,
Rafael
I'm meaning the big Atlantic pond..........by Eurostar? - now that would be quite a ride - how many packets of peanuts would you be allowed? Yes we did have a great meal there, and the Hotel was super too, all confirmed by the fact that we still remember it all, 8 years since. But I digress from m4/3 topics, (shooting then with an LC1.)

Last edited:

f6cvalkyrie

I'm meaning the big Atlantic pond..........by Eurostar? - now that would be quite a ride - how many packets of peanuts would you be allowed? Yes we did have a great meal there, and the Hotel was super too, all confirmed by the fact that we still remember it all, 8 years since. But I digress from m4/3 topics, (shooting then with an LC1.)
Sorry, I misunderstood your pond :D:D We commonly refer to the North Sea when crossing the pond, and Eurostar crosses that one in a tunnel in less than an hour ...

C U
Rafael

PeterB666

Got my OM-D and the 12-50mm kit lens on Thursday and had a play with it last night.

Here are some pics (just a very quick processing - I am sure I could get more out of these with a little work)...

Clifton Gardens Pool by peterb666, on Flickr

12mm 1/60s, f/7.1 and ISO1250 (a mistake as I left the camera on auto ISO)

Clifton Gardens 2_1 by peterb666, on Flickr

12mm 8 seconds, f/16, ISO200 with a 4-stop (ND16) ND filter. There is a bit of a reflection from the filter on this one by looks of things.

Clifton Gardens 3 by peterb666, on Flickr

14mm 30 seconds, f/16 and ISO200 with a 1-stop (ND2) filter.

Love the camera and lens.

jonoslack

With Pana-Leica 45mm

I wanted to demonstrate the shallow depth of field ability of this lens.
The Bokeh is exceptionally smooth with this lens. Focus is on the nose, eyes and whiskers with the distance from nose to paws less about one inch on these little Harvest mice.
HI There
That's a lovely shot - it really is a grand lens isn't it . . . . unfortunately I no longer have it :cry:

jonoslack

It was a gray morning - here are a few shots with the OMD and the 12-35 . . . I fear I can feel a 35-100 coming on:eek:

jonoslack

HI There
Using the OMD as a landscape camera is interesting - the 12-35 is certainly up to the task - right to the corners.
One of the common criticisms of µ43 is the lack of depth of field control It's a double edged sword though - when shooting landscapes it means you can get a substantial depth of field at f5.6, which also means you're using the best of the lens and getting a hand holdable shutter speed. . . . . not to mention that the little package is hardly bigger than a point and shoot!

Today I took the 75-300 Oly in my jacket pocket (I really can feel the 35-100 coming on!)

Here are some examples (the church was with the 75-300, the rest with the 12-35):

all the best

Annna T

It was a gray morning - here are a few shots with the OMD and the 12-35 . . . I fear I can feel a 35-100 coming on:eek:

I really love the third one. People should post their pictures one at a time, so it would be easier to single out the picture one like, just using the like button.​