The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

greypilgrim

We went to Point Lobos last weekend:

This tree is a favorite of mine.

These sea lions were going crazy out there as the waves came in.

Whale watching. Yes, there actually is a whale out there.

We got lucky at sunset. There weren't supposed to be clouds.

Doug

RavenMad

Well, seeing as Maggie has put up some (fabulous) piccies of her (gorgeous) kitties, here's one of ours: Lee Lu. Taken with my Helios 44M with 7mm extension tube.

M

mallmand

320mm is pretty short when a plane is at eye level and moving towards you. At full size I can see a lot of detail on that pilots face :D.

On this trip I shot the OMD only with zooms and the Fuji with primes. Many of the scenes called for long lenses and the 100-300 got more use than I expected. On the Fuji i really enjoyed using the 35mm with an ND filter and more wide open to do some of the more detail shots. Fuji would not have done a good job on the crop dusting sequence. Bottom line both cameras complemented each other and shooting two different cameras didn't get in the way.

Here are some others

old grain elevator

WOW!
I have the same rig and i can see the only problem is me!

scott kirkpatrick

Wet, grey day

There's nothing like shiny yellow rainsuits to bring out figures on a nasty rainy cold day:

two frames with the 75/1.8 @ f/4. These guys are working every day to make an apartment across the street three times bigger. Now one frame with the 45/1.8 @ f/4:

Brrr. This makes me appreciate that my university offers a path to indoor employment for scientists.

scott

cableguy55

Went to Batu Caves in Kuala Lumpur to shoot Thaipusam Festival which is a holy day for the Hindus
Shot with OMD and 45mm f1.8 amongst the estimated 1.5 million people who attended the festival

cableguy55

These two shots was taken before taking the 272 steps to the top of the temple with the crowd moving non stops for 24 hrs

The queue to reach the start point where we were stuck for 1 1/2 hrs

kweide

That makes me happy:

For the second time, Olympus selected, among others, images from me for their exhibition on the environmental photography festival on Zingst,
Germany, called "Earth Fire Water Air" presented to a wide audience. The exhibition will be held at the Steigenberger beach Hotel in Zingst
In addition, which especially pleased me, i am among the 5 people who were personally invited by Olympus to Zingst. So, from
March 22 to 24, live on site in Zingst. Maybe we'll see us there ..

Last year they had 30000 visitors....

Fotofestival : Umweltfotofestival »horizonte zingst«