The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Peter Klein

Just took my OM-D to southern California for a week. Here's the first installment.

Portraits by the pier:

Portraits by the pier by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr

Jazzmobile:

Jazzmobile by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr

Tell me who you love:

Tell me who you love by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr

Beach composition:

Beach composition by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr

Attack of the 50-foot woman with the seven-year itch:

Attack of the 50 foot woman with the seven year itch by peter.a.klein (Boulanger-Croissant), on Flickr

wuffstuff

Maggie - these were taken in a store this afternoon in less than 10 seconds each. It's very simple. The viewfinder helps enormously. Focusing was by changing the focal distance by moving the camera backwards and forwards, rather than by turning the focus on the lens. The lensbaby and converter is a poor persons macro but the softness is quite restful.

When used on my D3s my wife made cards from this type of image which sold by the thousand. The big Nikon is gone now, as is the card revenue.

This tiny camera gets better every day.

Terry

Two from last night's northern lights display in Iceland - pretty much jpeg from camera will work RAWs when home.

ShooterSteve

Great shots but I'm looking for advice. I want to pick up a 4/3rds system as a pocket walk around camera for street shooting and possible landscapes/cityscapes when I'm not carrying my D800E or Canon systems.

I loved the OMD but now with the GH3 on the scene, what do you think in comparison? It seems like the GH3 has slightly better specs but a bit larger too.

Any opinions?

marlof

For me, m43 is about size. I have the GH2 but never warmed to it because of its larger size compared to my PENs. I replaced it with an OMD which is as large as I'd like a camera to get. The GH3 is larger than the GH2, and therefor is not on my radar. I do know several people very happy with their GH3, and finding the OMD too small/fiddly, so I guess it's all about your own preferences.

dhsimmonds

Great shots but I'm looking for advice. I want to pick up a 4/3rds system as a pocket walk around camera for street shooting and possible landscapes/cityscapes when I'm not carrying my D800E or Canon systems.

I loved the OMD but now with the GH3 on the scene, what do you think in comparison? It seems like the GH3 has slightly better specs but a bit larger too.

Any opinions?

It's easy really! If you want to use it mainly for video work get the GH3. There is nothing better.

If your priority is still photography, then go for the OM-D which most pundits still believe to have the edge over the Panasonic GH3. For occasional video work the OM-D is no slouch either!

Just my two ha'pence worth!:D