The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Knorp

I got given a bunch of Pentax lenses recently one of which is a Sigma 600mm mirror lens and decided to couple it with a 2x converter and take my first moon shot (of course). Effective focal length = 2400mm @f16. The OOC image was very soft so I boosted clarity/contrast in LR4 - results are ok. At that focal length, one thing I learned is that the moon moves a lot faster than you think!

Perhaps next time worth trying a higher ISO (800-1000) and so achieve a faster shutter speed.
Still, pretty amazing at 2400mm !

Kind regards.

RavenMad

Perhaps next time worth trying a higher ISO (800-1000) and so achieve a faster shutter speed.
Still, pretty amazing at 2400mm !
You know, I didn't even think of that! I'm so used to leaving my ISO set either at 200 or on Auto most of the time and I was excited that I finally got my lens adapter I just totally forgot everything about taking the photo! :eek:

f6cvalkyrie

This winter seems to go on forever ...
This morning, a new cover of fresh snow opened opportunities for some moody pictures at sunrise ...

All with E-M5 and Kilfitt Panosoft 110/2.8 with the f4 insert

C U
Rafael

RavenMad

These two taken with my new (old) Sigma 28mm f/2.8 (PK mount). Pretty impressed with this little lens - both shots were pretty good OOC but I've obviously done some fairly heavy PP on both of these images:

Knorp

Tried my luck with 'birding in the polder', but found it not so easy to get really good shots.
Although I'm not unhappy with the results, they're not tack sharp.
Moreover, those darn birds are very skittish :banghead:
Oh well, I suppose I need to go out more often and so get more practice ... :eek:

jonoslack

Hi There
We just got our new puppy yesterday . . . she's a Pyrenean Sheepdog (just like Caspar), but she's going to be dark grey (perhaps!).

She is very self possessed, she seems to have taken over the kitchen already:

Looking noble in the garden

It's the warmest place for a snooze (in front of the AGA)
both with the 35-100 panasonic

Diane B

I came looking for just this--Caspar's new playmate. She is a darling pup and I can't wait to see pics of her and Caspar as she gets oriented into the clan.

Diane B

dhsimmonds

Welcome back Jono......I haven't seen you around any of your usual forum haunts just lately! Beautiful puppy, she looks adorable but don't they all at that age!!

Knorp

Hi There
We just got our new puppy yesterday . . . she's a Pyrenean Sheepdog (just like Caspar), but she's going to be dark grey (perhaps!).

She is very self possessed, she seems to have taken over the kitchen already:
Matty is adorable ! But seems more timid and docile to me, not a raging whirlwind like Caspar.
Or could that still change, I wonder ...
And is this the calm before the storm ?
:p :)

All the best.

jonoslack

Matty is adorable ! But seems more timid and docile to me, not a raging whirlwind like Caspar.
Or could that still change, I wonder ...
And is this the calm before the storm ?
:p :)

All the best.
Hi Bart
Well, she is certainly calm, but timid and docile she definitely isn't. Caspar is trying to keep her at arms length with grumpy noises, but she just isn't worried. Even the vacuum cleaner was interesting rather than frightening.
So, Yes, the calm before the storm I'd guess!

My OMD has gone back to Olympus as it had the cracked screw holes on the LCD - it'll be a couple of weeks, so I'm going to have to catch the little darling with manual focus (not an easy task!)

all the best
love your polder shots.