The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Braeside

Jono, lovely puppy.

OMD cracked screw holes - is this a common problem or as a result of some damage?

For some reason I thought you had a pair of OMDs. - No, I am thinking of Dave Simmonds perhaps?

Did you take a lot of gear to China?

Cheers

Knorp

Hi Bart
Well, she is certainly calm, but timid and docile she definitely isn't. Caspar is trying to keep her at arms length with grumpy noises, but she just isn't worried. Even the vacuum cleaner was interesting rather than frightening.
So, Yes, the calm before the storm I'd guess!

My OMD has gone back to Olympus as it had the cracked screw holes on the LCD - it'll be a couple of weeks, so I'm going to have to catch the little darling with manual focus (not an easy task!)

all the best
love your polder shots.
Ha! Looks like good fun is about to happen !
I recall the expressive and mad pictures of Caspar and Blue.

Sorry about your OMD and I'd better check mine as well.

Glad you liked the polder shots, that cold EASTERly wind was killing me.
The lens draws beautifully and I love the colours too: but it's so bloody heavy.

All the best.

Braeside

I see a tiny sign of a crack starting on one screw hole on mine. Not sure if I will bother about it or not yet.

Braeside

Thanks, mine is in the serial number range affected. I will contact them after my holiday this year. There is only the tiniest ridge that I can feel with a finger nail on the bezel by the middle screw. I have slightly slackened the screws to relieve any stress.

Braeside

Ha! Looks like good fun is about to happen !
I recall the expressive and mad pictures of Caspar and Blue.

Sorry about your OMD and I'd better check mine as well.

Glad you liked the polder shots, that cold EASTERly wind was killing me.
The lens draws beautifully and I love the colours too: but it's so bloody heavy.

All the best.
What lens was that?

jonoslack

Thanks, mine is in the serial number range affected. I will contact them after my holiday this year. There is only the tiniest ridge that I can feel with a finger nail on the bezel by the middle screw. I have slightly slackened the screws to relieve any stress.
Hi There
Mine was getting quite bad - so it seemed a good time to do it .
I am missing it though!

RavenMad

Mine's not in the serial range (silver model) and has a crack in the centre of the bezel running from the edge of the touch screen right to the middle screw. Think I'll contact Olympus Australia and see what they say... Thanks for the heads up.

marlof

The recent price drop with € 200 and a € 100 rebate solved a problem for me. I just bought a second e-M5 body, so I can send in the first one. Now I don't have to be without my favorite camera, and I get to have two identical camera bodies for my South Africa trip later this year. Happily , the new silver body is outside the range (even though that's no guarantee: I did notice some people experiencing this issue on cameras outside the range as well). The first black one fell in the range, and has tiny cracks running from the screw hole to the outside of the bezel.

Knorp

Thanks for the link, I'll read the service announcement and check my OMD tonight.
Report back later.
The affected range of serial numbers is:
BEK501001 – BEK508887 (black)
BF4501001 – BF4503865 (silver)

Bummer, of course my silver body (BF45033xx) is just within the range ... :cussing:
Good news is I seem to have no cracks at all :toocool:

So for now, I can't be bothered ... :sleep006:

All the best.

Knorp

Gorgeous Bart. I'm very jealous. Now they're almost impossibly expensive. I'll stick to my humble (but much lighter) 80-200 f4
Yes, that not so humble 80-200/4.0 is lovely and light :thumbup:
But I have the really lowly 70-210/4.0 as walk-around lens :eek:

All the best.